Miley Cyrus to Rolling Stone: People Don't Take Justin Bieber Seriously

Miley Cyrus to Rolling Stone: People Don't Take Justin Bieber Seriously

Miley Cyrus shows some skin on the latest cover of Rolling Stone magazine.

The 20-year-old entertainer opened up to the mag about her controversial VMA performance, her family, and her friendship with Justin Bieber. Check it:

On Kanye West‘s support before the VMAs: “He came in and goes, ‘There are not a lot of artists I believe in more than you right now,’ The whole room went quiet. I was like, ‘Yo – can you say that again?!’ I just kept repeating that over and over in my mind, and it made me not nervous.”

On her mom: “She danced ballet from the time she was three til she was 30, but she was very shy. She could never do this, so she wanted it for me. I get anxiety too, and she didn’t want my anxiety to ever stop me from doing it the way it stopped her.” Her mom often travels with her, but she can still make Miley cringe. “When she’s being embarrassing, she’ll call me ‘sweet girl. When we were getting ready for the VMAs, I was about to put on my teddy-bear costume and she’s like, ‘Sweet girl, do you need to potty before you put your costume on?’ I’m like, ‘Mom! Kanye is standing right here!’”

On whether she hangs with Justin Bieber: “A little bit. But not really. I’m not much older than him, so I never want it to feel like I’m mentoring him. But I do mentor him in a way. Because I’ve been doing this sh-t for a long time, and I already transitioned, and I don’t think he’s quite done it yet. He’s trying really hard. People don’t take him seriously, but he really can play the drums, he really can play guitar, he really can sing. I just don’t want to see him f-ck that up, to where people think he’s Vanilla Ice. I tell him that. Like, ‘You don’t want to become a joke. When you go out, don’t start sh-t. Don’t come in shirtless.’ But the thing is, I think boys are, like, seven years behind. So in his head, he’s really, like, 12.”

For more on Miley, visit RollingStone.com!

Bigger cover inside…

Miley-rs miley cyrus rolling stone people dont take justin bieber seriously 01

Photos: Rolling Stone/Theo Wenner
Posted to: Magazine, Miley Cyrus

Jennay @ 10:12 am on 09/24/2013

she is a MESS….. I think the worst part is that she doesnt even realize how the world actually sees her…. She’s talking about Bieber saying that people dont take him seriously but no one is ever taking her seriously either.

good-one @ 10:38 am on 09/24/2013

“GOOD GOLLY MISS Miley!”

Now that is a wordsmith.

Whitney @ 11:22 am on 09/24/2013

Lol, this is both hilarious and sad. “Transitioned” What is she even talking about? No one takes her seriously, everyone looks at her as a joke. What a sad little girl.

claudia @ 11:32 am on 09/24/2013

@Whitney: its difficult to believe at this point, but if you compare previous disney stars, she has in fact “transitioned”. perhaps not in a way that normal society would transition into adulthood, but you should remember that Hollywood is not normal. Far from it, thats why I find it so silly that people base their lives on this illusion that has formed into a 3-Dimensional being called Hollywood Land. Disney has had a history of their stars turning from cute kids to over-sexualized adults that isn’t realistic, but neither is Hollywood.

Helene @ 12:02 pm on 09/24/2013

Why girl ??? why are doing this ? she looks like a lesbian btw, i understand why liam walked away. she seems lost, she doesn’t know what to do anymore. but being naked everywhere is not a solution.

Jane @ 12:04 pm on 09/24/2013

LMAO. She said it like she is anything more mature than Justin Bieber.

lilacgirl6 @ 12:34 pm on 09/24/2013

Why she’s always naked now on her photoshoot?Is this her reputation?Commom,Miley put some decent clothes once in a while,,and sticking out your tongue,,we’re tired seeing you naked!

Alexandra @ 12:35 pm on 09/24/2013

‘You don’t want to become a joke. When you go out, don’t start sh-t. Don’t come in shirtless.’ – That’s what she says to the other teen mess Bieber, and I bet her friends said the exact same thing to her, like: “Please, when you go out, don’t start sh-t. You’re already a joke but don’t start sh-t”

Jason @ 1:00 pm on 09/24/2013

I love how Miley tells Bieber “Don’t come in shirtless” but she obviously can’t follow her own advice!

cluelesshater @ 1:00 pm on 09/24/2013

Miley has transitioned…I think that is clear from her latest no. One…i have never liked her music before but she won me over with wrecking ball. Miley is fresh and unique and creating her own path with i admire. She seems to be getting better with time whilst bieber is arguably lost and his music sales are in freefall. Sharon osborne looks spot on right now which is terribly unfortunate.

I agree bieber is a joke and he may have inflicted too much damage to his reputation to correct this. Part of the problem is there are just too many lofty expectations relative to his actual talent levels…comparing himself to Michael Jackson is a marketing disaster and disrespectful…they are not in the same league.
I hope he can pull himself out of the mess he created but it doesn’t look good.

Erin @ 1:20 pm on 09/24/2013

I took her wayyyy more seriously before she “transitoned”. What a gimmick.

faq @ 1:48 pm on 09/24/2013

Lol at the pot calling the kettle black…they don’t take you seriously either honey.

siebb @ 2:26 pm on 09/24/2013

like someone is taking her serious?:S and why is she always naked? it looks weird.

javi @ 3:55 pm on 09/24/2013

i think she’s doing the naked stuff becasue when she worked on disney they the producers of the show and the disney people where watching her and the other disney girls like a hawk. now she’s pulling a gaga or an early madonna. nothing new. and she’s not the first. next we are going to see demi lovato naked or selena or even emily osment or bella thorn who i think is going to get preggers by her boyfriend. when this kids leave disney they want to get naked and hump every thing that moves. in miley’s case mike will.

biker mike @ 4:48 pm on 09/24/2013

been coming to this site for years, Just can’t take seeing disgusting Miley’s face anymore, it is making me sick, as I am sure others would agree,

Sara @ 4:58 pm on 09/24/2013

Dear Miley,

Please do put your tongue back in your mouth and practice what you preach. Very few people are taking you seriously too my dear. Thanks.

mia @ 5:31 pm on 09/24/2013

Miley Cyrus is just a puppet. She is controlled by egomaniac designer Marc Jacobs. He is a cruel manipulator who has a great influence on stars like Lady Gaga, Kanye West. He told Miley to act like that at the VMA. Jacobs has been stalking a talented young girl since she was 16. He fooled her with love and stole her ideas. She is called Angel Barta. Read the truth on styleangelique blogspot com

transfirmer @ 7:51 pm on 09/24/2013

well, its not surprising me much that she is going crazy lately.
Disney needs Kid-Stars. And those have a rather short life span mostly. There may be some excuses but i fear, Miley Cyrus has now reached the end of her (not trash) career. Realizing that, subconciously she trys to break through into spotlight once again maybe hoping to stay there. But at the look of it she fails hard. Bye bye starlet.

cluelesshater @ 8:03 pm on 09/24/2013

I’ve never seen a naked person on a wrecking ball and the wrecking ball used to tell a story in a music video… correct me if I’m wrong but I’ve never seen gaga or Madonna do these things…simply saying they are naked and all Disney people do this is naive, unsophisticated and seriously lacks critical thinking skills. Bieber is copying a tonne of people and as Einstein points out, lacks the ability to hide his sources. From my knowledge he is even being sued for copyright right now dependant upon the accuracy of the video. Miley is using other peoples ideas but injecting her own unique styles and innovsting for the next generation. I wish her the most success for the future.@javi:

cluelesshater @ 8:06 pm on 09/24/2013

@biker mike:
Don’t be so rude you sound like a twelve year old

julie @ 9:46 pm on 09/24/2013

Her mom is shy? LMAO. Such skewed perception, no wonder Miley is such mess. Normal shy woman wouldn’t get knocked up and had three kids by the times she was 19 by three different guys

tina @ 1:32 pm on 09/25/2013

@faq: I agree pot meet kettle.

xo @ 2:55 pm on 09/25/2013

that was hard to read

Pete @ 11:05 pm on 10/04/2013

@lilacgirl6: She doesn’t wear much clothes nowadays because she is transitioning.