Jonas Brothers Explain Breakup on 'Good Morning America'

Jonas Brothers Explain Breakup on 'Good Morning America'

The Jonas Brothers make their way inside the Good Morning America studios for an appearance on Wednesday morning (October 30) in New York City.

The guys – Nick, Joe, and Kevin – explained why they decided to break up after years as a family band.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Jonas Brothers

“I think it was time, and for us it took some time getting there, but we feel like it’s time that the Jonas Brothers come to an end,” Kevin said.

“We’re family first, and that’s always been our main priority, and so honesty within what we do as a group was really important,” Nick said. “I came to the table with the guys just before we were prepping to leave for tour, and I shared my heart with them, my feelings. In a nutshell, I said, ‘Look, I feel like we’ve had some complications within the group for a long time without addressing them. I think this train will fall off the tracks without really getting real about some of the concerns and some of the limitations that we may feel as individuals in the group.’ It was a tough conversation…It was the first time we really had that real conversation. It was a few days of working through it.”

“At some point, we decided it was best to finish this and support each other and our own ventures down the way,” Joe added.

WHAT DO YOU THINK about the Jonas Brothers breaking up?

Jonas-gma jonas brothers explain breakup on good morning america 01
Jonas-gma jonas brothers explain breakup on good morning america 02
Jonas-gma jonas brothers explain breakup on good morning america 03
Jonas-gma jonas brothers explain breakup on good morning america 04
Jonas-gma jonas brothers explain breakup on good morning america 05

Mll @ 10:03 am on 10/30/2013

Nick’s really going for the bald look this time.

Erica S. @ 11:56 am on 10/30/2013

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ALL MY HOPES AND DREAMS KBDGLJDNLGD THIS ISNT HAPPENING D:

brenda Tapia @ 12:28 pm on 10/30/2013

Understanding the boys decision is something that is just alright with me. They grew up and there music is also growing, so I shall say it is ok to end the band in a proper way that everyone would understand. I would like to them to stay as a band but not everything is seems what we like.

I do the best for these guys.

IMO @ 3:21 pm on 10/30/2013

Gook luck to all of them . The relationship between the brothers is what is important.

Erika @ 6:35 pm on 10/30/2013

Sad to hear so :(

shanghai @ 9:35 pm on 10/30/2013

Disappointed with them – they still should have done the tour – call it a farewell tour but expected them to be professional and put differences aside for their fans. One last tour would have been a nice way of saying thank you.

Ella @ 6:25 am on 10/31/2013

FAMILY FIRST. :) I am one of their avid fans who’s not angry/super sad/disappointed about the break-up. As long as they have goals individually, then it’s all good. ;) And all is well between the three of them, so no worries. :)