Selena Gomez Cancels Australian Tour

Selena Gomez Cancels Australian Tour

Selena Gomez is taking a little break in the new year by axing her 2014 Stars Dance Australian Tour dates.

The 21-year-old actress/singer canceled the upcoming tour dates for personal reasons, it seems.

“My fans are so important to me and I would never want to disappoint them,” Selena shared in a statement. “But it has become clear to me and those close to me that after many years of putting my work first, I need to spend some time on myself in order to be the best person I can be. To my fans, I sincerely apologize and I hope you guys know how much each and every one of you mean to me.”

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Selena canceling her tour dates?

Credit: Brad Barket; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Selena Gomez

anon @ 8:15 pm on 12/19/2013

Cause she isn’t popular here lol.. only person from Disney who’s popular in Australia is Miley

javi @ 10:40 pm on 12/19/2013

@anon: man you aussie people love crap.

xa @ 11:10 pm on 12/19/2013

@javi: it’s because of liam

Reggie raybandz @ 11:43 pm on 12/19/2013

#Selienators I am standing by your side your family comes first and also remember at the end of the day it is all about you

Annie Vo @ 12:22 am on 12/20/2013

yes, she has been working non-stop for so long, so i think its time for a little break, its fine and understandble

Avice13 @ 2:37 am on 12/20/2013

so her Asian tour dates isn’t cancelled?

xx @ 3:21 am on 12/20/2013

shes probably run down, but i mean she went into the music industry who said it was going to be easy?

javi @ 3:24 pm on 12/20/2013

@xa: what the hell that douche has to do with anything?

javi @ 3:25 pm on 12/20/2013

i read a tweet that sales where good for her first show. i think she needs the break no one is super human.

xx @ 8:08 am on 12/21/2013

@javi: no one is superhuman but a lot of people have commented saying its a poor excuse as many artists go on tours for as long as a year and she just about lasted 6 months. some are also saying its rather unprofessional as you cant just go off work for “some me time” so because shes quite famous she gets to do it? other artists got the hate for doing so selena is only getting her fair share from the public.

wtf @ 3:32 pm on 12/22/2013

@xx I’m not a particular fan of hers (not a hater either), but I felt like I needed to comment on this: I don’t think most jobs are as harsh as hers. She’s basically working 24 hrs per day with the fame. And just think about all the pressure. I totally get her, sometimes you just reach that limit. If you look at the last pictures of her, she looked really tired, rings under her eyes and everything.

bigprisc @ 9:37 pm on 12/22/2013

Asian dates are cancelled too… Sad… Was looking forward to her performance.