Lea Michele: 'Battlefield' Full Audio & Lyrics (Exclusive Premiere!)

Lea Michele: 'Battlefield' Full Audio & Lyrics (Exclusive Premiere!)

Lea Michele breaks it down in the premiere of her brand new song “Battlefield,” given exclusively to JustJaredJr.com!

This is the second track off the 27-year-old actress/singer’s debut album Louder, which drops on March 4. We can’t wait to hear it!

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Lea Michele

“Thank you so much to everyone who checked out my digital store today and pre-ordered #Louder. Means so much to me!!!” Lea recently tweeted.

Starting tomorrow (December 28), you can pre-order Louder on iTunes and receive both the first single “Cannonball” and the just released song “Battlefield” as instant downloads!

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Lea Michele’s new song “Battlefield?

Click inside to read the full lyrics for “Battlefield”…

Lea Michele – “Battlefield”

It’s easy to fall in love, but it’s so hard to
Break somebody’s heart
What seemed like a good idea has turned into a battlefield

Once lust has turned to dust and all that’s left’s held breath

Forgotten who we first met
What seemed like a good idea has turned into a battlefield

We both know it’s coming, does illusion count for something – we hide
The surface tension’s gotta break, one drop is all it takes to flood out this lie

You and I we have to let each other go

We keep holding on but we both know
What seemed like a good idea has turned into a battlefield

Peace will come when one of us puts down the gun
Be strong for both of us, no please don’t run, don’t run
Eye to eye we face our fears unarmed on the battlefield

We seemed like a good idea

No blood

Will spill if we both get out now
Still it’s hard to put the fire out
What seemed like a good idea has turned into a battlefield

Feelings are shifting like the tide, and I think too much about the future

What seemed like a good idea has turned into a battlefield

We both know it’s coming, does illusion count for something – we hide

CHORUS

We seemed like a good idea (x4)

Posted to: Exclusive, Lea Michele

Amy @ 10:54 am on 12/27/2013

Gorgeous!

Aurélie @ 11:16 am on 12/27/2013

I love it !! SO BEAUTIFUL <3

Suzy @ 11:58 am on 12/27/2013

This is really nice. I like it a lot.

Marge @ 12:42 pm on 12/27/2013

to die for! I love this song!

1MER @ 1:52 pm on 12/27/2013

THESE LYRICS ARE ABOUT A BAD RELATIONSHIP? WHY WAS THIS HER SECOND SONG OF THE ALBUM. Won’t this just add fuel to the flames that she and Cory had broken up before he died. I don’t know if I can even hear this song. Just reading the lyrics mad me sad.

gords @ 4:16 pm on 12/27/2013

ITs not bad. Lea Does have a Great Voice.. sucks that truly great songs are so few. Its not bad.

Sharon @ 5:25 pm on 12/27/2013

I agree about the words to this song. I have suspected that something was wrong between her and Cory in the end. Just my thoughts…things just didn’t seem right at the end. I believe that there was and I always will. I think it was more than he could handle and the day he was to return home, he overdosed. Like I said just my personal thoughts. She said every song on this sound track had a meaning about her and would put her out there. I don’t want to ever hear her sing this song again. I just wish that he was still here to tell us all that it wasn’t true. The truth of that, went with him.

Sharon @ 5:31 pm on 12/27/2013

All I know, is when I saw them together, it warmed my heart and I miss it.

J @ 9:22 pm on 12/27/2013

@Sharon:

I don’t think this is about Cory. She’s mentioned all of the songs that are about him..and just because they all mean something to her, doesn’t mean they aren’t about past relationships.

Nash @ 9:35 pm on 12/27/2013

Beautiful song. Beautiful voice. I believe this song is about her ex-boyfriend, Theo, before she started dating Cory.

Fantastic internet site. Lots of tips the following. I’m sending it to several good friends ans in addition discussing in yummy. And indeed, appreciate it on your work!

Lizgorina @ 2:15 pm on 05/19/2014

This song is so beautiful, but it’s so sad too, it’s about Cory?, I don’t know, but i like it a lot, conveys a sadness that I do not understand.