Selena Gomez Blasts Fan for Bullying on Instagram

Selena Gomez Blasts Fan for Bullying on Instagram

Selena Gomez has taken to Instagram comments to speak out against her fans bullying each other.

“This is ridiculous,” the 21-year-old entertainer wrote in the comment on another fan’s photo after the fan was encouraged by an on-line bully to continue harming herself.

“My fans don’t do this to others. That’s not what I stand for so you can gladly stop being a fan of me. I only encourage love, confidence, kindness.”

To help raise awareness, Selena later screen-capped the comment she left and posted it on her own Instagram.

Click inside to read the full comment Selena left for her fans…

@selenagomez: “This is ridiculous. [...] my fans don’t do this to others. That’s not what I stand for so you can gladly stop being a fan of me. I only encourage love, confidence, kindness. My love, [...] you are gorgeous just the way you are. Don’t you ever attempt that sh*t again. Ok? I love you too much for you to be doing that. PS. To all my fans, don’t ever think this is fun to get attention. It’s just wrong. I love you all just the way you are.”

Rosalie @ 10:41 am on 12/27/2013

See this is why I have respect for her. There are so many celebrities that have fans that bully others and they don’t even say anything about it. Even though this isn’t a case of a fan bullying a non-fan, which is what I normally see, she is amazing for standing up for them and putting them in their place. I would like other celebrities that have huge fan bases to start doing this when they see their fans bullying.

lol @ 10:56 am on 12/27/2013

a one case scenario to put her back in the good books after the whole lorde and taylor swift crap. well done selena. she always publicly like “leave my fans alone” knowing when people will watch it or read it.

hmmm @ 11:57 am on 12/27/2013

but her fan was trying to get attention and what Selena is doing right now is also BULLYING…

Jason @ 12:53 pm on 12/27/2013

@hmmm: I totally agree… these Instagram followers do anything for attention. “Notice me!” or “how about a shout-out” or even “if you loved your fans, you would acknowledge us”. So this so-called “bully”… he won. He got noticed by Selena.

And yes, in addition to that attention, the whole “you can stop being a fan of mine” reeks of elitism, which is a form of bullying – look it up, Selena.

Stopping self harm is a good. Sometimes it is for attention, often it is not. Elitism is not bullying. In any case Selena said they can stop liking her for responding to seeming bullying. That is not elitism which again is not bullying even if it were.

That shows she cares more for good than bullying. I have intervened to stop bullying online before and had evil people target me for it. What Selena did was admirable from the information I have. It is worthy and noble and I salute her.

Everything she said is genuine and of her. I don’t know what the bullying was, but cyber bullies claim many lives. And they enjoy doing so.

Standing up for right is vital.

Jason @ 2:00 pm on 12/27/2013

@marc evan aupiais: Elitism – excluding someone from a group for some arbitrary reason – is definitely a form of bullying.

Singling the bully out and excluding him from her fanbase solves NOTHING. The bully is still out here, uneducated and ignorant of his actions. He saw that being aggressive got him attention, while the non-bullies continue to be ignored on Instagram. She’s sending a mixed message here, and rewarding the offender.

If she really wanted to make a difference, she would have educated the bully, and embraced EVERYONE as part of her legion of fans. But no, she made it an “US vs. THEM” situation, and that doesn’t change a thing.

Her management and her record company could care less who’s a bully and who’s not. Just as long as you keep buying her albums and merchandise at concerts. Everything else – INCLUDING THIS SITUATION – is just fluff.

sometimesithurt @ 3:10 pm on 12/27/2013

@Jason: HAVE TO AGREE .. if she wanted to talk to her fans she would just sent a private message or she just could sent a message talling this withought the screen caption… she is trying to mutch to convise us that she is a good girl…

freddy @ 8:44 am on 12/28/2013

Jason was the bully LOL

Lawrence @ 9:13 am on 12/28/2013

Its not surprising Jason said something negative it seems to be his natural state*lol*.

Rosalie @ 10:37 am on 12/28/2013

@Jason: But sometimes it is necessary to exclude someone from a group. People don’t want to surround themselves with negative people, which is not a bad thing. The bully in this situation is well aware of what they are doing and the results from it.

Selena most likely publicized this to show everyone that she does not stand for this and to make a warning for all her fans to not bully others.

Anon @ 5:14 am on 12/29/2013

We judge people who judge people because judging people is wrong.

ugh who cares @ 12:54 pm on 12/30/2013

@sometimesithurt: she uploaded it the way she did so that all of her fans no she doesnt like bullying