'Catching Fire' Actor Philip Seymour Hoffman Dies, Celebs React

'Catching Fire' Actor Philip Seymour Hoffman Dies, Celebs React

Celebrities have taken to social media to express their sadness and condolences over the loss of Philip Seymour Hoffman.

The 46-year-old The Hunger Games: Catching Fire actor was found dead of an apparent drug overdose in his New York City apartment early this morning.

Sam Claflin, who plays Finnick Odair in the franchise, was the first of the THG stars to speak out, writing: “PSH – I am genuinely shocked, saddened and speechless.”

Now, other stars such as Steven R. McQueen, Kendall Schmidt, Anna Kendrick, and more are sharing their thoughts.

Click inside to read celebrity reactions to Philip Seymour Hoffman’s death…

Anna Kendrick: Philip Seymour Hoffman. Unbearably, shockingly, deeply sad. Words fail to describe his life and our loss.

Steven R. McQueen: Phillip Seymour Hoffman R.I.P. You were an inspiration to many.

Ashley Madekwe: Saddened by the news of Phillip Seymour Hoffman’s death. An extraordinarily talented actor.”

Kendall Schmidt: Dammit! Lost another great human to drug abuse.. Rest in piece Philip Seymour Hoffman Thank you for all the great art you have left us!

Grant Gustin: Oh my god.. Philip Seymour Hoffman. So terrible. Such an amazingly talented actor. He will be missed.. #rip

Isabelle Fuhrman: Such a brilliant actor and man gone way too soon. Rest in Peace Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Ashley Rickards: Rip Philip Seymour Hoffman..

Patrick Schwarzenegger: Damn, just heard about Phillip Seymour Hoffman. Can’t even believe that. Great actor. #rip

Harry Shum Jr: NO. Just NO. RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Jamie Chung: R.I.P Philip Seymour Hoffman. He was one of my favorite actors.

Alexa PenaVega: Philip Seymour Hoffman. You are too great to be gone. Please no.

Jenna Ushkowitz: I am shocked and saddened to hear about the death of Phillip Seymour Hoffman. My thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family.

Kevin McHale: in shock, can’t believe it. Philip Seymour Hoffman was one of the best EVER.

Ellie Goulding: Philip Seymour Hoffman, one of the most magnificent actors in the world, has died? Can’t believe it

Lindsey Gort: overwhelmed with sadness- always admired his work. RIP Phil Hoffman.

Mason Cook: What a loss! #RIP Phillip Seymour Hoffman. #DrugsKill #JustSayNo Visit http://www.dare.org 2 learn more about substance abuse prevention.

Amber Riley: Rip #PhilipSeymourHoffman

Adelaide Kane: My heart hurts. I have no words. #RIPPhilipSeymourHoffman

Jack Reynor: Wow. Can’t believe Philip Seymour Hoffman has passed away. He’ll be missed.

Alexandra Chando: Saddened by the loss of such an incredible artist. #philipseymourhoffman

Austin Butler: Heartbreaking news. Life is so fragile. Philip Seymour Hoffman, thank you for the joy you’ve brought to us all.

Mark Webber: Rest in peace Phil. Love and prayers to your family and all others suffering from the horrible disease of addiction.

Dylan O’Brien: RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman. One of the greatest actors this world will ever know.

Karmin: So sad. Philip Seymour Hoffman was always one of our favorites. All our best to his friends and family. What a talented guy.

Kevin Zegers: “RIP PHILIP SEYMOUR HOFFMAN. Truly one of the kindest and most gifted actors of our era.”

Bella Thorne: “condolences to the family of the very talented Philip Seymour Hoffman #RIP”

Sarah Hyland: “RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman. You were a tremendous actor that I had always admired. Thoughts are with his friends and family.”

Brant Daugherty: “still cant believe the news about Phillip Seymour Hoffman today. He was always one of my favorite actors”

Bonnie Wright: “RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman. What a truly great actor. Many respects”

Posted to: RIP, The Hunger Games

??? @ 5:35 pm on 02/02/2014

Only three of the many people who expressed their condolemses are aware of the real reason of his death. He was the cause of his own death due to drug abuse.

Nispero @ 5:37 pm on 02/02/2014

I utterly devastated by this news, Mr. Hoffman was a terrific actor, a great loss. My prayers go out to his longtime love Mimi O’Donnell seen here http://dailyentertainmentnews.com/?p=25949

tins @ 5:46 pm on 02/02/2014

@???: I think they all know what happened to him but didn’t feel the need to mention it.

liviacunharibeiro @ 5:48 pm on 02/02/2014

my co-worker’s ex-wife makes $81 every hour on the laptop . She has been unemployed for 5 months but last month her pay check was $15422 just working on the laptop for a few hours. read this post here…..

liviacunharibeiro @ 5:49 pm on 02/02/2014

liviacunharibeiro @ 5:52 pm on 02/02/2014

Kendrick @ 5:53 pm on 02/02/2014

They killed him u people are stupid

liviacunharibeiro @ 5:53 pm on 02/02/2014

W­W­W.W­or­k­s­1­2.Com

It was so shock-able! that a very amazing actor just killed by the drugs abused, how sad :(…..RIP Mr. Hoffman

thememoriumllc @ 12:53 am on 02/03/2014

Philip Seymour Hoffman was one of the most gifted actors of our generation. Our thoughts and condolences go out to his family. May he rest in peace. Made a tribute memorial in his honor: http://www.thememorium.com/Memorials/philip-seymour-hoffman

IMO @ 1:08 am on 02/03/2014

Senseless and just so sad. My heart goes out to his family and as a lover of film he will be missed , he was one of the best.

Umang @ 7:55 am on 02/03/2014

RIP PHILIP SEYMOUR HOFFMAN

showspedia @ 12:15 pm on 02/03/2014

rip Philip Seymour Hoffman , this is big lose , and we so sorry .

Ria @ 12:46 pm on 02/03/2014

I’m speechless! Still can’t believe that Philip Seymour Hoffman died!
R.I.P Philip Seymour, have a nice trip! :\
Family,friends..etc.. I’m truly sorry!
He was for me and for lots of other people one of the best!

Niki @ 2:02 pm on 02/03/2014

@???:

Everyone is well aware. They chose not to mention the how or why because it is not necessary – he has been struggling with addiction his entire life and, for 23 years, managed to beat it. He was a phenomenal actor and a highly intelligent man. I don’t think anyone will ever truly know why he chose heroin again, but I also don’t think anyone should.

Ismael Maitin @ 4:01 pm on 02/03/2014

@???: How to make you understand that people have private lives and personal problems that are not problems of the public. Unless the cause of death of a person is murder, the cause is irrelevant. It is a great actor who has died is a shame. Try to remember when someone died from AIDS 20 years ago, it was like a scandal to the cause of death while the important thing is how amazing it was that man!

hina ahmed @ 7:09 pm on 03/07/2014

I had a problem with my boyfriend six months ago,which lead to us apart.
When he broke up with me,I was no longer myself,I fill so empty inside
sorry.Until a friend of mine told me about one of her spells that helped in
same problem too. i email the spells and I told him my problem
and I did what he asked me to briefly make. the long story Before I knew it
what happened,not 48 hours,my friend gave me a call and he
come back to me and told me he was sorry about what was going to happen, I’m so
grateful to these spells and will not stop publishing his name on the internet
just for the good work he has doing.If you need his help,you can email him at
(UNIQUELOVESPELLCENTER@YAHOO.COM)and he will also help you to Dr.Akim(
UNIQUELOVESPELLCENTER@YAHOO.COM) I will be forever grateful to you.