'X Factor' Cancelled By Fox

'X Factor' Cancelled By Fox

It’s official — The X Factor is not coming back.

The competition show, which featured Demi Lovato, Paulina Rubio, Kelly Rowland and Simon Cowell as judges, has been axed, after crowning Alex and Sierra the season three winners.

“I’ve had a fantastic time over the last 12 years, both on The X Factor and American Idol,” Simon shared in a statement.

He continued, “And apart from being lucky enough to find some amazing talent on the shows, I have always had an incredible welcome from the American public (most of the time!). Last year, for a number of reasons, I had to make a decision to return to the UK version of The X Factor in 2014. So for now, I’m back to the UK and I want to thank Fox for being an incredible partner and I also want to thank everybody who has supported my shows. America, I’ll see you soon!”

Other alums from The X Factor: Fifth Harmony, Emblem3 and Carly Rose Sonenclar.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of The X Factor getting cancelled?

Photos: Fox
Posted to: Demi Lovato, X Factor

Brendan @ 10:48 pm on 02/07/2014

Honestly, I’m shocked, I thought that The X Factor would’ve gotten renewed for another season, but I guess not. Anyway I heard that Demi Lovato was leaving anyway so she could go on tour and create her 5th studio album which I’m totally excited 4!!

justin @ 12:03 am on 02/08/2014

I’m not surprised by it. Fox still has too much love for Idol, and with that and Voice (with Voice winning ratings), it was only a matter of time. I hope that Voice will allow groups to compete soon, that was the one good thing I liked about X Factor. Fox never really had faith in the show. One sign was when they reduced the grand prize from 5 mil to 2 mil. great idea in concept, but never really took off. If it did, Idol would be in the grave, where it belongs.

Loren @ 7:19 am on 02/08/2014

Love American Idol this year, try it I think you will like it. All three judges are good together.

Kaitlyn @ 3:28 pm on 02/08/2014

Really! I liked this show way better than American Idol. I thought American Idol was going to be canceled before The X Factor. Plus I only know two people from American Idol (Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood) but the X Factor I knew a ton (Fifth Harmony, Emblem 3, Carly Rose, One Direction, Little Mix, etc.) Whatever.

xx @ 4:08 am on 02/09/2014

about damn time. i had no idea how it was surviving.

BosFLL @ 9:42 am on 02/09/2014

The X–factor was on it’s last legs last season. Simon was controlling and often rude to the other judges. he told them how to vote and who to put through. The talent was good but the judges were terrible. None were fun to watch or charismatic enough to carry the show. And the :Voice” was so much better and the judges cared about the talent and each other plus the atmosphere among the judges was funny and respectful.
American Idol last season was among the worse for judging. The final three were god singers but before that so many terrible ones got through out of the 100′s who auditioned. This year may be their last chance to prove they still “got it” I think they seem ( judges) to be working well together and Harry C is a good addition as he is very talented and musically gifted. We shall see what is left of the year.