Christina Grimmie Auditions for 'The Voice' & WOWS the Judges! (Video)

Christina Grimmie Auditions for 'The Voice' & WOWS the Judges! (Video)

Christina Grimmie knocks it out of the park during her audition for The Voice‘s sixth season, debuting on Monday (February 24) at 8/7c on NBC.

The 19-year-old singer belted out the Miley Cyrus song “Wrecking Ball” for her audition and she got four chair turns from the judges. She did an amazing job!

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Christina Grimmie

You might recognize Christina from her awesome YouTube covers and the album that she released last year. She has also been a supporting act on both of Selena Gomez‘s previous tours.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Christina Grimmie’s audition for The Voice?

Christina Grimmie – “Wrecking Ball”

Shivani Yadav @ 2:40 pm on 02/21/2014

I wonder whom she will chose. Please chose either Adam or Usher!!!

Kylie @ 4:51 pm on 02/21/2014

YAY! i’m so happy for her! i’ve been following her since day 1. from her days on youtube singing “above all that is random” and her song “Liar Liar” i have loved her from the start!! I LOVE CHRISTINA AND I AM PRAYING THAT SHE WINS THE VOICE!! GOOOOO zeldalove64! <3

Vanesa @ 12:34 am on 02/22/2014

Yes. Christina is AMAZING beyond AMAZING. But i don’t think it’s fair that she is auditioning. She has such a huge following, me included, but she’s already been on tour, she already has a cd out, she knows how this job goes. It will barely even be a fight all of her fans are going to vote for her. And we don’t even know there may be someone so much better than her who may not get as far because of her fan base… I just don’t think it’s fair to other performers :(

No one hate me please, this is just my opinion.

Kat @ 2:14 am on 02/22/2014

I don’t think it’s fair that they left her on here. She definitely has a high chance of winning, considering she has an immense fan base already. If I was her I wouldn’t have even thought of auditioning considering the fact that it would ruin all the other contestants chances of winning, even if they were better than me. I’m not hating on her, but I find that she has an unfair advantage.

blanton @ 11:32 am on 02/22/2014

Jordan Pruitt auditioned and had a bunch of songs for Disney and E.G. Daily, who also auditioned, had CDs out and voiced Tommy on Rugrats and no one said anything about them

diane @ 1:21 pm on 02/22/2014

@blanton: Actually, Jordan did get a lot of negative comments about her auditioning for this. I don’t know about E.G. Daily, so I can’t say anything about that. But I think Christina did an amazing job. I don’t know if she’s going to make it far, but she was awesome.

Amber @ 5:43 pm on 02/22/2014

She has an amazing voice and she’s an amazing talent. I knew i heard her somewhere and i couldn’t remember where so i did a little research and turns out her song “with love” was featured in an episode of The Vampire Diaries this season (the song s amazing btw).

Erin @ 7:08 pm on 02/22/2014

@Kat: I agree. It reminds me of Cassadee Pope…I use to go to her concerts and she had a huge fan following. Not only does she have the experience in the industry to know how to work that audition (picking the right song, knowing she had to grab their attention in the first 10 seconds, etc) and had the training, but she had the fanbase to secure the votes. I knew she was going to win on Day 1, but I still feel like Terry or Nicholas David deserved it over her.

Erin @ 7:16 pm on 02/22/2014

@blanton: i have a problem when people come on the voice who have backgrounds like e.g. daily, cassadee pope, judith hill, jordan pruitt, etc. on one hand i feel like everyone deserves a second chance as much as a first…but there’s a big difference with all of them. cassadee pope’s band ended and she could have found another way to get a solo record deal but she knew the voice was a quick way to get her name out and secure that. judith hill had the major experience with singing back up and could have probably got her own deal too, but it’s harder for backup singers to be anything but backup singers and she may have had the connections but not the exposure. e.g. daily has had a long career and while i understand her wanting to continue that, i just feel like she took a chance away from someone who could’ve had her spot and has never had the brush with stardom that she has. with jordan pruitt, i was very happy that she didn’t go far in the show but i was mad she auditioned in the first place. it’s one thing to have your group break up, to be a backup singer, to lose your record deal, etc. it’s a whole other thing to have a record deal with hollywood records and have the opprounity to go further and then you willingly LEAVE your label because they’re not giving you artistic freedom. jordan left her label, was mad when she didn’t get another label right away and then went on the voice. she definitely took a spot that should’ve went to someone else. i also feel with youtube superstars they have that internent name and support. i know the majority of the contestants are on youtube with a fan following, but christina has such a fan following that she’s toured with a major pop star like selena. i just don’t get it. you have the connections to get your spot on your own, why take from someone else? i’d rather see more matthew schuler’s, danielle bradbury’s in the compeition than people who have the connections but “things just aren’t happening fast enough”. like i said, i’m sure there are lots of people who have competed who do that and everyone deserves a chance…but with the background christina has…being on tour, having her song on TVD, etc…she’s not without a chance of having a career without the voice. you know? sorry for the long comment and any spelling errors lol.

trisda @ 7:54 am on 03/06/2014

the voice lets just about any try out. start out singers know this and could have picked out other shows like the x factor This is a great chance for Chis and I’m happy for her. I think of all the shows the voice is the most fair for her to join just because the coach’s have more power in the beginning. we just have to trust the coach’s to be fair.

Truthfully I would rather this than have her take off her clothes to be a star. We are in need of more wholesome stars.