Selena Gomez to Demi Lovato: 'So Thankful For You To Inspire Me Everyday'

Selena Gomez to Demi Lovato: 'So Thankful For You To Inspire Me Everyday'

Selena Gomez swings by a friends home in Los Angeles on a rainy Saturday afternoon (March 1).

Just a few nights before, the 21-year-old actress/singer was on hand to accept an award at the unite4:humanity Gala and gave a big shout out to BFF Demi Lovato.

“I’m truly honored to be in a room with such incredible people that inspire me. I want to thank my family. They are the ones who taught me the importance of giving back before we had anything to give back… I have to say, I want to thank Demi,” Selena shared during her acceptance speech.

Selena continued, “Just the fact that we’re here at 21 years old, and we’ve always talked about using our voice to help this generation… I feel like sometimes we’re the only ones holding the fort, and I’m so thankful for you to inspire me everyday. I hope that we can, together, completely inspire this generation to focus on what’s really important. So thank you so much.”

Selena-stylist selena gomez stylist stop oscar weekend 01
Selena-stylist selena gomez stylist stop oscar weekend 02
Selena-stylist selena gomez stylist stop oscar weekend 03
Selena-stylist selena gomez stylist stop oscar weekend 04
Selena-stylist selena gomez stylist stop oscar weekend 05
Selena-stylist selena gomez stylist stop oscar weekend 06
Selena-stylist selena gomez stylist stop oscar weekend 07
Selena-stylist selena gomez stylist stop oscar weekend 08

Credit: WCP; Photos: FameFlynet
Posted to: Selena Gomez

Manny @ 1:43 am on 03/02/2014

Demi Lovato is awesome. People mock her big mouth but the guy that ends up with her will surely enjoy it ;)

vumilia @ 9:59 am on 03/02/2014

ummm she didn’t go to her ex birthday she’s mean

BP 25 @ 10:26 am on 03/02/2014

I think Selena is gravitating back to Demi as her bestie. Notice that in her time of need, Taylor Swift is now hanging out with Lorde, someone who dissed Selena’s music. She must know what a phony Taylor is.

who cares @ 10:45 am on 03/02/2014

Selena is back to Demi bc she’s doesn’t have Justin anymore. Poor girl.

lmao @ 10:47 am on 03/02/2014

she’s fake as ****

xx @ 11:16 am on 03/02/2014

@BP 25: yup pretty much. taylor pretty much dumped selena when she was still dabbling with bieber but having lorde around just cemented the seperation. selena usually only hangs with demi when it looks good pr wise.

Youneedmynane? @ 12:24 pm on 03/02/2014

OMG/ Don’t blame/hate her just because Justin Bieber is STUPID and a BABY. Don’t forget her is the one getting into all of the trouble NOT her/ And SHE is staying strong for her fans/friends/family. And Justin, is being a douche as USUAL.

Lukita @ 1:48 pm on 03/02/2014

She really think shes the only one who inspire people to do whats importante, she should look at her self. Alaeays trying to be the goodie. Grow up and then we talk

xx @ 2:03 pm on 03/02/2014

@Youneedmynane?: lol i wasnt blaming her i was just stating facts. taylor didnt and doesnt like bieber but selena was still with him to maintain her image which cost her taylors friendship – from what we can all gather.
fyi selena went to rehab so for all we know she could be just into alcohol or drugs as justin but her pr team is sent from heaven so nobody would believe it – yet.

GO @ 2:24 pm on 03/02/2014

@lmao:

you really can’t be serious. If you were familiar with her you wouldn’t say that. Close your mouth.

Kayla @ 2:24 pm on 03/02/2014

@BP 25: Ikr like seriously I can’t stand Taylor swift. ughhh shes such a *****

Valerie Elaine Gomez @ 4:14 pm on 03/02/2014

I love Selena Gomez she is amazing!

KrissBradley @ 5:38 pm on 03/02/2014

I love you Selena you are a very amazing woman.

Elizabeth @ 12:19 am on 03/03/2014

I love Selena she’s amazing just because Justin is being a ******* it shouldn’t reflect on her because of there pass relationship. She inspires me to focus on my dreams.