Zac Efron Rooting For Matthew McConaughey at Oscars 2014

Zac Efron Rooting For Matthew McConaughey at Oscars 2014

Zac Efron charms the cameras with his smile at the 2014 Academy Awards held at the Dolby Theatre on Sunday (March 2) in Hollywood.

The 26-year-old actor, in a Calvin Klein Collection suit, spoke to Ryan Seacrest on the red carpet about who he’s rooting for at the ceremony — Matthew McConaughey.

“I worked with him on Paper Boy and he’s such a great guy and his career has taken such an interesting turn and I know it comes from a really honest, hunger-driven place,” Zac shared. “I really admire him and look up to him.”

WHO ARE YOU rooting for at the Oscars?

Zac-oscars zac efron 2014 oscars 01
Zac-oscars zac efron 2014 oscars 02
Zac-oscars zac efron 2014 oscars 03
Zac-oscars zac efron 2014 oscars 04
Zac-oscars zac efron 2014 oscars 05

Credit: Ethan Miller, Jason Merritt; Photos: Getty, WireImage
Posted to: 2014 Oscars, Zac Efron

Marie @ 9:41 pm on 03/02/2014

hot hot hot!!

andrea @ 9:45 pm on 03/02/2014

He looks a little chubby, but still hot. Love you Zac ! Hope to see him at the after party

Patricia @ 10:58 pm on 03/02/2014

Zac Efron was great in The Paperboy. He and Nicole Kidman were magical together, they had such a big age difference and because of the great acting it wasn’t apparent.

Ok @ 1:46 am on 03/03/2014

@Patricia Have to agree Zac was fantastic in “The Paperboy”, one of his best roles ever.

Ok @ 1:47 am on 03/03/2014

Zac looks fantastic here, absolutely love him.

lilly @ 2:12 am on 03/03/2014

hes still cute but i feel like hes lost something in his looks. its sad cuz i used to find him really attractive but hes still cute :)

IMO @ 2:37 am on 03/03/2014

So classy. His smile is the perfect addition to the perfection that is Zac . I was also rooting for Matthew.

xnamora @ 2:42 am on 03/03/2014

I still like Matthew, even though this drunk has been Zac likes him.

Ok @ 7:41 am on 03/03/2014

Have to agree and so happy Matthew won.
Zac looks great.

Ok @ 7:43 am on 03/03/2014

Zac looking his best as always.

Ok @ 8:26 am on 03/03/2014

@IMO You are right he looks like one classy guy here.

Ok @ 9:13 am on 03/03/2014

Even my Dad was impressed with the way Zac looked last night. Love my Dad.

xx @ 11:22 am on 03/03/2014

@Ok: serious question im not hating but do you talk about zac efron on a regular basis to your family or….?you seem really involved in him its a little worrying but whatever helps you sleep at night :)

Ok @ 1:31 pm on 03/03/2014

@xx Yes I do talk to my parents about Zac on a regular basis now. (Just reconciled with my Dad last year, he finally accepted me being gay). We had missed out on many years..

Eight years ago ( In my teens )when I was near death and on Chemo, I accidently saw “HSM” and for the first time in a long time Zac made me forget I was sick and I smiled. My Mom and I have been a fan of his ever since.
For some reason God gave me a miracle and I went into remission and I will always be grateful to God for this miracle and thankful to Zac for those hours I forgot I was sick.
Not hating on you either but don’t know why what I do would worry you?

Mel @ 1:41 pm on 03/03/2014

@Ok: wow… Congrats

Ok @ 3:26 pm on 03/03/2014

@Mel thanks and is why I thank God everyday and trying to make up lost time with my Dad.
Even Dad looks back on that moment as a good one.
That is also why Zac will always be number one actor for me.

IMO @ 3:45 pm on 03/03/2014

@Ok: You are too nice and I’m glad you had such a wonderful time last night. I think it was very decent of you to explain your reasons for being a Zac fan to someone who asked such a rude question.People are fans for so many different reasons which should not be questioned but should be embraced by other fans . Yours is a particular touching story and Zac is lucky to have you as a fan. But I will add he is a good person, who deseves only the best kind of fans too.

Ok @ 5:22 pm on 03/03/2014

@IMO Thank you very much you are very kind to say such a nice thing
Zac does have fans for many reasons and I also believe he is lucky to have you as a fan.

xnamora @ 8:12 pm on 03/03/2014

Who invited Zac? Not sure of he belongs on the Oscar Red Carpet being interviewed. Over rated drunk.

Yarelly @ 9:43 pm on 03/03/2014

i love him <3 he's perfect

Mel @ 10:26 am on 03/04/2014

@xnamora: well someone thought he did lol.

Lana P. @ 7:37 am on 03/11/2014

I’m a big fan of both Matthew McConaughey and Zac Efron. Zac is younger, he has a bright future ahead of him and Matthew is a great actor who just got out of his shell. I think that thanks to Dallas Buyers Club and True Detective he started to appear as a real actor and not just an actor in romantic comedies. Zac Efron plays also in romantic movies, serious movies and crazy comedies (Neighbours), so I think they are a great match and I assume that we’ll definitely see them playing together again in the near future! :)