Zac Efron: 'Seth Rogen Was Sort of My God'

Zac Efron: 'Seth Rogen Was Sort of My God'

Zac Efron heads into the airport to catch a departing flight on Sunday evening (March 9) in Austin, Tex.

The 26-year-old actor was leaving town after attending the 2014 SXSW Music, Film + Interactive Festival to promote his movie Neighbors.

During an interview at the festival, Zac talked about meeting his co-star Seth Rogen for the first time.

“I was so nervous,” Zac said (via People). “He was sort of my God. It was at the Sunset Towers, I was 17 or 18, I idolized him at this point. I stopped him and told him, ‘Seth, I have to tell you I’m a huge fan.’”

“I thought you were too young to see my movies,” Seth replied to him. “Did your mom take you?”

Also pictured: Zac touching down at LAX Airport in Los Angeles.

25+ pics inside…

Zac-fix zac efron seth rogen my god 27
Zac-fix zac efron seth rogen my god 28
Zac-fix zac efron seth rogen my god 29

Photos: FameFlynet Pictures, AKM-GSI
Posted to: Zac Efron

Jess @ 2:13 am on 03/10/2014

I hate when people refer to especially actors as their god or their idol. Blashemous

Chris @ 2:14 am on 03/10/2014

He looks like such a snob in these pics.

LOL @ 2:16 am on 03/10/2014

Zac needs to check his memory when Seth’s first hit film came out it was Knocked up it was 2007 and Zac was 20 so he didn’t meet him at 17 or 18 . He does that alot.

Zoey @ 2:25 am on 03/10/2014

In that one interview it sounds like there is going to be a Neighbors 2 maybe?

Ok @ 2:32 am on 03/10/2014

Zac you are looking great. Enjoyed your interviews, but please never try to compare a man to God. I know what you mean it just doesn’t sound right.

Ok @ 2:33 am on 03/10/2014

However I still love.

Ok @ 3:34 am on 03/10/2014

Almost every review this weekend for “Neighbors” was a good one.

Jen @ 3:52 am on 03/10/2014

@Jess: It’s one of my pet peeves as well. Also cringeworthy.

He should stick to comedies from now on, he could be the male Jen Aniston.

lauren901 @ 7:26 am on 03/10/2014

@zoey
well first the movie has to make some money and see how well it does in box office then discuss a sequel.

Ok @ 7:35 am on 03/10/2014

Have to say as far as promos go, Zac did very well in this one.

Ok @ 8:17 am on 03/10/2014

Hot looking, Good promo tour, and great reviews. That’s the way to do it.

xx @ 11:39 am on 03/10/2014

um…ok? I mean he aint religious, plus people worship/idolize celebrities everyday – talk, eat, sleep and dream about them (plus other crazy sh*t). But it makes sense if people are offended.

Ok @ 12:21 pm on 03/10/2014

I don’t know how religious Zac is, I have seen him move in a very good direction over this last year.
I just wish he had said this differently .
Not offended but I can see where some might be.

Ok @ 12:23 pm on 03/10/2014

He did say “Was sort of” so maybe not as bad as I first thought.

IMO @ 5:06 pm on 03/10/2014

Welcome Home Zac , so happy for the success and great reviews , about time people see what I have always known. The talent in you.
Unfortunately people in today’s society use God’s name in vain and as a adjective but if you take it literally it is braking the first commandment . Not sure you can change people use of His name but I wish we could,. I can’t judge people for doing so but all I can do is not do it myself . I love certain actors but I don’t idolize or call them god’s there is only one God.

barbara @ 12:42 pm on 03/11/2014

in the interview he said, he first met seth, he was with his ex girl friend. seth could of done other movies, before Knockup, zac and his ex watched alot of movies at home. when you, start making movies at the beganing, before you make it big.