5 Reasons Why You Should Be Watching 'The Tomorrow People' (Like Right Now)

5 Reasons Why You Should Be Watching 'The Tomorrow People' (Like Right Now)

If JJJ had to pick one show that you may not be watching, but totally SHOULD be watching, it would be The Tomorrow People.

The CW freshman series, which stars Robbie Amell, Luke Mitchell, Peyton List, Aaron Yoo, Mark Pellegrino, and Madeleine Mantock, is currently on the bubble and it’s up in the air whether the show will be renewed or not.

Being big fans of the show, we came up with five reasons why you should tune in and catch up on the episodes before the season finale airs on Monday, May 5 @ 9PM!

1. The special effects
The Tomorrow People have the power of the three T’s – telepathy, teleportation, and telekinesis – which makes for some really cool special effects. And did we mention Stephen can stop time?

2. The guest stars
Jason Dohring played a bad guy, Alexa Vega played a badass, Serinda Swan rocked a British accent, and Leven Rambin is still mixing things up. Not to mention, Downton Abbey alum Dan Stevens serves as the voice of TIM, the TP’s artificial intelligence.

3. The shirtlessness
This one is pretty self-explanatory. But if you need proof, click here, and here, and here.

4. The couples!
First it was John and Cara, then Cara and Stephen, then back to John and Cara, then Stephen and Hillary, then John and Astrid (maybe), then…well, you get the point. This cast is steaming with chemistry and there’s so much story left to tell!

5. The creators
If you didn’t already know, the three creators – Julie Plec, Greg Berlanti, and Phil Klemmer – have resumes that are sure to boast some of your favorite shows, including The Vampire Diaries, Arrow, Veronica Mars, Dawson’s Creek, Everwood, and Kyle XY. (We could go on.) So you know they have amazing things in store for a second season. Let’s make it happen!

TELL JJJ: What is your favorite thing about The Tomorrow People?

EWELINA @ 5:01 pm on 04/24/2014

I love this show! I hope CW will give this series the secend chance and will renewe. Sorry for my English, this isn’t my language. Greetings from Poland.

dianne @ 5:29 pm on 04/24/2014

I love this show and all the actors !! it is exciting to watch and I love the story line. It new and fresh up-to-date supernatural wishful thinking we could all be Tomorrow People with those God sent powers, it woud be great. Seriously, please do not cancel this show give it a chance. I am sure it fans base ismuch larger than reported. It just many people do not like to Facebook or twitter, to much of a hassel. But it is worth writing in my support for the show to continue. The only show I would watch is Arrow, and Tomorrow People, and Supernatural!!!!!!!!. The Orginal ok, but Star Cross it is childish.

Max @ 7:30 pm on 04/24/2014

I love TTP, we want season 2!

mike @ 7:41 pm on 04/24/2014

so sad have seen Alexa blown herself up. well miss her.

Maria @ 8:26 pm on 04/24/2014

I love all the characters!, especially John and his backstory!.
Awesome show.. We need season 2!!!!

Sachini @ 6:40 am on 04/25/2014

What’s not to love? These creators did an amazing job and I forced my friends to watch it and now they are addicted just like me <3 I like the whole story and the settings it just seems kinda real yet not :P

Paul @ 10:27 am on 04/25/2014

There must be more seasons of the tomorrow people. This show is AWESOME. Love everything about it. Cool acting and special effects, not to forget the amazing story. Totally Awesome a “MUST WATCH TV SHOW.”
Love it so much. Can’t wait for season 2. <3

Gail @ 2:12 pm on 04/25/2014

I used to watch The Tomorrow People on Nickelodeon in the late 80′s, so I was so excited that the series was being re-done. Anyway, since I am not a 20 something, I watch for Mark Pelligrino. He is great as the ambiguously evil Jedikiah and so handsome. Robbie Amell is a weak link though with his one dimensional acting. Get him an acting coach-stat!

Angela @ 7:15 pm on 04/25/2014

ROBBIE AMELL IS PERFECT. And I just freakin love the show! I literally just started watching it like 2 days ago and when I heard that there might not be a second season I almost cried. it CANNOT end on a cliffhanger if they’re not gonna continue! I wouldn’t be able to take it. I just love the whole entire story and just everything about it. PLZZZ CONTINUEE. I would literally go around hugging random strangers!!

jeff @ 11:30 pm on 04/25/2014

yo CW! you need to renew this show or else The Founder will disintegrate you!

Mac @ 4:19 am on 04/26/2014

@Gail: weak link??? If there is a weak link, it’s DEFINATELY peyton list (Cara). I’m not even critical of actors but she is one of the worst I’ve ever seen.

she is ok @ 6:26 am on 04/30/2014

@Mac:

No, Peyton List is ok. She is lovely to look at as well. There are a lot worse actresses on the CW than List–i.e. any actress on the Vampire Diaries such as Nina Dobrev and the actresses who play Kat and Caroline (who even knows their names.)

The Tomorrow People is a good show. It was average at first but as the season goes on it gets better and by episode 15 or so I started to get really into it. I think the CW should give it a chance for a second season. There are a million worse shows than this one, for example Hart of Dixie. Now, how the hell can that crapfest still be on the CW but they are thinking about dropping TTP? What a travesty.

People should check out TTP. At least it is unique.