Aubrey Peeples Reacts to 'Jem and the Holograms' Casting! (Exclusive)

Aubrey Peeples Reacts to 'Jem and the Holograms' Casting! (Exclusive)

Aubrey Peeples was just cast as the lead in the highly-anticipated film Jem and the Holograms and is opening up to JJJ about it!

This marks the 20-year-old Nashville actress’ first major movie role, which already started filming.

“So stoked to play Jem and to work with such a great cast and crew!” Aubrey tells JJJ. “We are having a splendid time and are so excited to share this experience with the fans.”

In case you missed the news, Stefanie Scott, Aurora Perrineau, and Hayley Kiyoko are also on board. We can’t wait to see it!

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Aubrey Peeples in the role of Jem?

Jason @ 4:53 pm on 04/24/2014

Outrageous. Truly truly outrageous.

jon m'shulla @ 1:37 am on 04/25/2014

This is pretty much my first exposure to Aubrey. She is so beautiful. She also looks just like Gem should look.

She would have been great in one of those old “Ivory (soap) Girls” commercials.

jon m'shulla @ 1:38 am on 04/25/2014

Oops! Spelled Jem wrong. Well, she will be great anyway.

Kathy @ 5:16 am on 04/25/2014

Emmm…I think her personality is a bit plain and I don’t really adore her work.

amy @ 8:44 am on 04/25/2014

Wish they weren’t aging down the characters. Jerrica’s suppose to be a CEO not a teenage orphan.

We’ve only touched the tip of the iceberg with Aubrey Peeples. Just listen to her voice, it’s gorgeous. And her work in small indie films truly shows her gifts as an actress! She is force!

That’s she is a force! :)

Nadine @ 1:15 pm on 04/26/2014

I do not like the cast. Hayley is a dark Japanese girl which is opposite of Aja who is a light Chinese girl! I am racially offended by this. And I think Aurora is too light, I don’t buy Aubrey & Stefanie as sisters. Hayley doesn’t even come close to looking like Aja anyway. But for some reason they haven’t included Raya (prob not Jetta either) who is going to be the misfits? I love Jem & the Holograms but I don’t know that this movie will be worth watching, they’re already botching it up and it’s only the beginning. As they say “Play hard or go home!”