Amy Purdy & Derek Hough Dancing Jazz & Quickstep For Semi-Finals

Amy Purdy & Derek Hough Dancing Jazz & Quickstep For Semi-Finals

Amy Purdy hangs on to her Americana bag while arriving at the dance studio in Los Angeles on Friday afternoon (May 9).

The 34-year-old athlete and pro partner, Derek Hough, 28, will be taking a Jazz and Quickstep for the semi-finals.

“This week we have two dances. For the jazz, we have a weird, traditional remix song. We haven’t really started on the jazz yet. But the quickstep, we have something special up our sleeve. I don’t know if it’s ever been done before,” Derek revealed in his TVGuide blog.

He continued, “Amy is dancing with brand spankin’ new legs. We’ve all seen this before, but in a completely different context. But in this routine, it’s absolutely remarkable. We’re able to do stuff that we never would’ve been able to do with her other feet. It was my idea at the beginning, but we weren’t really sure if it would work. But we decided to try it and then we were both like, ‘Oh, my gosh! Wow! This is incredible!’ We just lost our minds for a second. I hope I’m not overselling this too much, but I am really excited about it. I’ll just say this: None of our dances have been traveling dances, if you’ve noticed. So think about that!”

Amy-blue amy purdy derek hough jazz quickstep talk 01

Posted to: Amy Purdy, Derek Hough

mensah @ 4:49 am on 05/11/2014

I like you

Lizzie yu @ 1:05 pm on 05/11/2014

Looking good, Amy!

my2cents @ 7:39 am on 05/12/2014

I hope Amy wins this season!

lISA @ 12:35 pm on 05/12/2014

Good luck Amy – look forward to seeing you and Derek dance every week. You have done amazing. Hope you win.

marianne @ 8:39 pm on 05/12/2014

I am serious. This girl has no feet and she is winning the contest!!

ninjat @ 8:40 pm on 05/12/2014

I am so sick of Amy and her sympathy scores. If she had any self respect at all she would step down and refuse to accept the undeserved sympathy scores, but she takes them knowing she does not deserve them

Patricia @ 11:44 pm on 05/12/2014

Amy, you just amaze me week after week! I am an amateur ballroom dancer from Europe and what you pulled off in your Quickstep this week is nothing short of incredible knowing how hard this dance is to master. Of course, credit also goes to Derek for his incredible “intuitive” choreography. But girl, you sure can dance! Hope you win … what an incredible inspiration!!!