Amy Purdy To Derek Hough: 'You Are A Gift To This World'

Amy Purdy To Derek Hough: 'You Are A Gift To This World'

Amy Purdy shares a touching image on Instagram with pro partner Derek Hough.

“A special moment last night! Thank you @derekhough for being not just a brilliant dance partner but a mentor and friend,” the 34-year-old athlete captioned.

Amy continued, “You have not only taught me about dancing and performing under pressure but about life. You deserved every compliment you recieved last night from the judges for your fearlessness and choreography. You are a gift to this world. #proudofyou #purdyhough #dwts.”

Later on, Derek joined Amy at the dance studio in Los Angeles on Tuesday afternoon (May 13) to start on their final dances.

Amy-gift amy purdy derek hough gift world 01
Amy-gift amy purdy derek hough gift world 02
Amy-gift amy purdy derek hough gift world 03
Amy-gift amy purdy derek hough gift world 04
Amy-gift amy purdy derek hough gift world 05
Amy-gift amy purdy derek hough gift world 06
Amy-gift amy purdy derek hough gift world 07
Amy-gift amy purdy derek hough gift world 08

Photos: AKM-GSI, Instagram
Posted to: Amy Purdy, Derek Hough

Lawrence @ 2:36 am on 05/15/2014

I hope Derek doesn’t win again, I’m voting for James. :)

Agree and disagree @ 5:35 am on 05/15/2014

@Lawrence: James is so good, I’ll give you that, but just because Derek wins a lot doesn’t mean he’s any less deserving now. The fact is that Amy dances better than most people with two working legs and Derek’s innovative choreography mixed with his great partnership has helped Amy achieve what many couldn’t even think to be possible. If there was any time he truly deserved to win, it’s now. But, it wouldn’t be just his win: Derek and Amy did this together and they deserve to win. I’m a huge fan of James, Meryl and Charlie as well, but I think Amy was the top dancer. Maks is good with creative choreography but Derek and Mark are GREAT at it. I don’t think Charlie’s partner is very good at making a great dance so his performances were sometimes very boring. Peta had highlights, but some of her dance routines were boring as well.

Sable Senegal @ 10:39 am on 05/15/2014

I keep thinking amy &derek are going to win again but it also could be meryl&maks .james&Candice will be shut out this season.

JC @ 5:35 pm on 05/15/2014

DWTS dancers, pros, judges, dance groups & the show itself are one of the best shows to watch on tv—period!!!! JC.

nana juju @ 11:58 am on 05/16/2014

I think that Meryl and Amy are both deserving for different reasons. I won’t be upset if one of those two win. If James or Candace win, it will be due to their fan base, not their dancing which is not ideal, but part of the show. Having said that, I think this has been one of the best seasons overall. And the Macy s dances have been outstanding!

bobbie collins @ 1:42 pm on 05/16/2014

I have a son who was critically injured 3/17/2013,loosing both legs and some fingers.I spent several months in DC.I have watched the soldiers with beaming smiles walk again.I cant tell you what it has meant watching you dance and I know the struggles of your disabilities.I noticed the presence of the military during your dance you wore the blades,it is a proud moment seeing their faces and I am sure at least one knows a wounded warrior your accomplishments.It truly has touched me.

mom of american soldier injured and still here

Ken McManus @ 1:15 pm on 05/17/2014

Although Derek joined “DWTS” in season 5 and missed season 12, he certainly has left his mark on the show. He has won five mirror ball trophies to date and has also won an Emmy. Others may disagree, but I find him to be remarkably humble. I am concerned. though, that, now at age 29, his life has become or will become too hectic. The bottom line: “DWTS” will not have him much longer. Let’s enjoy his work on the show for as long as we can, because he may well follow in Kenny Ortega’s footsteps. My favorites have been the Argentine tango with Jennifer Grey (season 11) and the freestyle with Kellie Pickler (season 16). Happy birthday, Derek, and may you be blessed for many years to come.