'Monster High' Live Action Movie Gets A Release Date; JJJ Picks Our Dream Stars!

It’s official — the live-action Monster High movie is coming to theaters in October 2016!

Via Variety, the flick, which is produced by Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage, will be on the big screen on October 7th.

JJJ, obviously, can not wait for any casting announcements, so we’ve put together our dream one. Frankie Stein, Draculaura, Clawdeen Wolf, Cleo de Nile, Lagoona Blue, Ghoulia Yelps and Abbey Bominable all have faces now.

Monster High revolves around the hip teenage descendants of the world’s most famous monsters as they brave the trials and tribulations of high school and beyond.

Check out who JJJ put in our dream cast and let us know what you think!

Photos: Mattel
Posted to: Casting, Monster High

Ili @ 9:57 pm on 05/23/2014

I love the idea of Laura in the movie

Mary @ 11:04 am on 05/24/2014

I don’t think Debby Ryan can hold a primary role such as Frankie’s or even Abbey’s. I’m sorry but in my opinion, Debby isn’t that good an actress, she tends to overact and her delivery just seems flat. I base my opinion mostly on her work on Disney’s Jessie as that’s her latest project, not that she was any better on Suite Life or 16 Wishes, or Radio Rebel, but those are older works and, sadly, there has been little improvement.

Likewise, Laura Murano doesn’t have the ability to convey the sureness and confidence that Abbey needs. Laura’s too wispy, as well, and doesn’t command the stage presence needed for Abbey.

As far as the rest go, I cannot say as I’m largely unfamiliar with their work. Nathan Kress as Deuce could work. Nathan makes me feel like he could handle the role well.

dude @ 4:11 pm on 05/24/2014

Nathat Kress is not the right one to be Deuce Gorgon.. I mean Deuce is supposed to be Greek (greek mythology).. so the actor who is going to be him, needs to look more like a Greek guy on the face

callie @ 2:18 am on 05/28/2014

You know who would be great as Deuce? Stephen Lunsford, from Teen Wolf.

POC @ 6:42 am on 05/28/2014

The Abbey and Cleo castings are racist, and arguably the Lagoona one too. Abbey is from South Asia, Cleo is Egyptian, and Lagoona is partially Native Australian/Oceanian. A little less white+blonde will not hurt your dreamcast.

Mhfan @ 6:40 pm on 05/31/2014

@POC:

Just imagine what the actual cast will look like. It’ll be a miracle if Clawdeen is played by a Black actress.

Cristina @ 4:28 pm on 06/06/2014

I can totally see Rebel Wilson as Lagoona Blue as well, just saying

roar @ 2:54 pm on 06/14/2014

I think casting all celebrities would just be bad taste. For one, I don’t think most of them could portray the roles well, and it feels as if they are desired for the movie simply because of their famous personas and not because of their acting skills, or even simply because they look the part. If you are going to cast someone in a movie who cannot fulfill their role with their acting, at least choose someone who looks like the character might if they were real.