Ariana Grande's Grandfather Sadly Dies - Read Her Words About Him Here

Ariana Grande's Grandfather Sadly Dies - Read Her Words About Him Here

JJJ‘s hearts are heavy today – Ariana Grande lost her beloved grandfather.

The 21-year-old actress/singer confirmed the heartbreaking news on Twitter this morning (July 23).

“I lost you to the summer wind,” Ariana tweeted. “thaaaanks to my best friends who stayed up with me all night talking and helped me pull myself together temporarily this am. flyin back home. only reason I made this twelve hour trip is grandps told me he wanted me to always be professional & fulfill my business commitments :(”

She added, “thank you for your continuous love & light over the past few weeks… we did lose my favorite person to ever exist yesterday, my grandpa :’( if only y’all knew how amazing he was.. my <3 hurts so much. It's beyond broken :'( but I got to hold his hand and watch him find his peace. this is the hardest thing imaginable but I'm so grateful that I got to spend this time with him & my family. taking care of him & loving him. we thank you so much for the continuous love"

Ariana‘s older brother Frankie is currently participating on Big Brother and is cut off from the outside world. “asked grandps last week if he wanted us to pull frankie off bb & he said ‘no way! he’s gotta play the game even tho i don’t understand it’”

Our thoughts are with the entire Grande family during this difficult time.

Caroline @ 11:51 am on 07/23/2014

That’s so sad :(

Scout @ 12:33 pm on 07/23/2014

I agree its really sad, especially since Frankie isnt able to know about it. Hopefully there’s a way that he can be notified from the producers of Big Brother. My prayers are with the family.

Charlie @ 1:15 pm on 07/23/2014

I am very sorry for Ariana

Kayla @ 2:25 pm on 07/23/2014

There is a very good chance that Frankie will make it to jury and not find out about his grandfather until mid-September and that would be CRUSHING. I guess they would have to go along with their grandfather’s wishes, but I don’t know, it doesn’t seem right for them to not inform him, although he would probably want to pull himself out if they did.

Kylie @ 4:31 pm on 07/23/2014

OMG this is so sad! I wonder if they’ll talk about it on BB tonight…. my prayers are with the Grande family at this time!! rest in paradise

lillie @ 9:39 pm on 07/24/2014

Frankie figured out about his grandfather dying prayers to the Grande family so heart broken for the family.What if Ariana Grande never performs again.Heart broken family prayers please.

john harvey @ 10:05 pm on 07/24/2014

I AM SO SORRY ARIANA GRANDE for your lost i know how you fell my dad died to :( :( :( :( :(