Kristen Stewart: 'I've Never Tried to Shape People's Perspectives of Me'

Kristen Stewart: 'I've Never Tried to Shape People's Perspectives of Me'

Kristen Stewart‘s t-shirt reads “It’s Awful, I Hate It,” as she walks through Narita Airport on Friday (August 29) in Japan.

The 24-year-old actress took the cover of Vanity Fair‘s September 2014 issue, here’s what she had to share.

On if she’s worked with actors she doesn’t vibe with: “Absolutely. I haven’t been totally screwed, but I’ve had to force things. I’ve had to be in front of people and be like, ‘Oh, thank God we only have a few scenes together.’ As you mentioned I’ve been really lucky and the good experiences have definitely outweighed the not as euphoric experiences. But, yes, I know the difference. When it’s good it’s f*cking like a drug… If I’m working with someone who I’m not vibing with, or who I have to fake anything with, then it’s sad for me and it’s bad acting.”

On people’s perspective of her: “I never really thought of anything in terms of designing a career. I never tried to shape people’s perspectives of me, which is something that a lot of people do. There are certain actors and artists who want to be a certain kind of actor or certain kind of artist, and I’m really not like that. I have very much fallen into every situation, every creative and not creative experience, that I have delved into, based on gut. Therefore true regret can never eat at me. In terms of what people consume about you and then subsequently how they shape their opinion of you, none of it is wrong. It’s all a varied assortment of whatever flavors they’ve picked up at the newsstand or in the theater or on the Internet. But that literally is something that is not designed by me and so it’s not something that bothers me. But I don’t want to add to this already pre-existing, enormous mound of salacious bullsh*t that isn’t real. That’s not me defending anything. That’s true.”

On being able to continue acting: “I attribute my early start to my ability to do this job. It requires being comfortable within an insane amount of attention. If I hadn’t started out when I was really little I don’t think I would have done this as a teenager or as a young adult. It’s not in my make-up to go stand in the middle of a room. But I really wanted to be an actor and I wanted to make movies. I wanted to emulate my parents.”

For more from Kristen, visit VanityFair.Fr.

Stewart-vf kristen stewart vanity fair france 01
Stewart-vf kristen stewart vanity fair france 02
Stewart-vf kristen stewart vanity fair france 03
Stewart-vf kristen stewart vanity fair france 04
Stewart-vf kristen stewart vanity fair france 05
Stewart-vf kristen stewart vanity fair france 06
Stewart-vf kristen stewart vanity fair france 07

Sandra @ 9:48 am on 08/29/2014

After seeing her in a couple of movies, I really like Kristen. I hope she will do some nice movies this year.

crisk @ 10:36 am on 08/29/2014

GO KRISTEN, I LOVE HER!!!!!

kim @ 10:59 am on 08/29/2014

she’s so unique and i love that

joan @ 11:32 am on 08/29/2014

Where did you come from lady.
always so fresh and pretty

Abby @ 3:34 pm on 08/29/2014

She is so stinking cute. Nobody does high/low better than her, looks gorgeous in couture, then has her standard issue comfy airport fare.
She’s cool.

Julie @ 5:33 pm on 08/29/2014

Yeah, I get this way too. I wonder what’s eating at her now?

Julie @ 8:13 pm on 08/29/2014

@Abby: exactly

susirk @ 11:00 pm on 08/29/2014

I love this girl unconditionally. She went true ups and dawn, she had a really nasty periods, but she never quit, she’s a really strong person, I admire her personality, she says what and how she feels…she’s not afraid…and anyways some ppl will never appreciate her, even if she would try to change her act, the way that she is (and That Will Never Happen Anyway..Not Kristen), the haters will be haters! Kristen, in my opinion, is just perfect like that! She’s fantastic!

Imou @ 1:46 am on 08/30/2014

LOL! You are all so blind !
She is so fake !

Julie @ 3:35 am on 08/30/2014

Most successful Hollywood people are fake. They feel the need to protect themselves from this crazy society of the world!

brendalyn013 @ 10:48 am on 08/30/2014

I admire her principles…i really do..she’s one of the million who doesn’t live to please people and that’s something to envy…coz she’s not afraid to do what she wants and she’s really living her life!! I don’t juz like her..i love and adore her!!! <3

brendalyn013 @ 10:58 am on 08/30/2014

Who do you think you are???do you know her??? You don’t have the right to state if she’s fake or not!,you dont even know her!!!oh please if you dont have anything good to say?!juz keep your mouth shut’,coz honestly your not perfect yoursel,!no one is..so stop talking like you dont have dirt on your body!!

u know i’m not kristen stewat i’m not worried about how people see me because i don’t act i’m kendra bethune and i’m walking around with 3 james dean shirts a man in 1950′s dead now who had the spider robert pattinson liked and i watched with elizabeth taylor and marliyn monroe
i have chanel no.5 on perfect scents i wore when i was wearing tthe baby blue james dean shirt and angel by thiery muglier for 18.69