JJJ got a chance to screen the episode, which marks the directorial debut of Ian Somerhalder, and trust us, it’s one very fun - and gruesome - hour of television.
Meanwhile, Damon (Somerhalder) begins to learn more about his mother Lily, who is stuck in a 1903 prison world, and realizes everything he thought he knew could be wrong.
Here are 6 other things you can expect:
1. Steroline! While we can’t talk about the nature of their interactions, we can tell you there’s a lot of them! Fans of the couple will happy to know they share the screen more than a few times tonight. And remember – Caroline has zero filter with her emotions turned off.
2. Questionable decisions. As we’ve learned over the years, supernatural friendships are a little trickier than normal friendships, and one in particular takes a giant stab at our heart tonight. And it looks as though this one may stick for a while.
3. Snarky Caroline! She has some great one-liners, including one (very accurate) zinger for Elena that left us on the floor.
4. An uncooperative Kai. Let’s face it, Kai doesn’t do anything unless he’s getting something in return. So it’s going to take some convincing on Damon’s part to get any answers out of him regarding Lily.
5. Scheming Enzo. Though, when is Enzo not scheming? Nevertheless, he continues to mess with Sarah Salvatore to get back at Stefan, though his plans seem to take a tiny detour.
6. A major twist! Even six seasons in, this show continues to shock us in all the best ways, and the last few seconds of tonight’s episode will set up a whole new dynamic that’s sure to be equally fun and terrifying.
The Vampire Diaries airs TONIGHT, March 12 @ 8PM on The CW!