We are so excited because tonight marks the premiere of the new CW show The Messengers!
The show follows the events after a mysterious object plummets to Earth and explodes in a blinding flash, sending out a shock wave that instantly connects five strangers with extraordinary gifts, from inexplicable strength to the ability to heal others.
We caught up with star Anna Diop who gave us the scoop on her character!
“Rose is an ER Nurse who is recently engaged in the pilot episode and is showing off her new engagement ring to her best friend Pepper when sheâ€™s suddenly gunned down. The incident leaves her in a coma for 7 years until we see her finally beginning to stir,” Anna told us. “The audience will get to learn SO much more about Rose in the second episode and throughout the season!”
“The cast on this series is seriously phenomenal. It was such a blessing to work alongside each of them,” she told JJJ.” Professionally and personally they’re all amazing. [They] were my best friends for 5 months and I couldn’t have asked for a better group of people to spend that time with.”
Here are 10 other fun facts Anna told us about herself! Be sure to watch her on The Messengers TONIGHT, April 17 @ 9PM on The CW!
1. I was born in one of the most beautiful paces on Earth; a very small country on the west coast of Africa called Senegal, right on the Atlantic.
2. Iâ€™ve been studying Muay Thai for the past two years. Muay Thai is a really cool combat sport similar to Kickboxing or Tae Kwon Do.
3. My little brother Kareem is the funniest person on Earth to me. Heâ€™s on Vine as REEMTEAM and every time he makes a video, my phone sends me notification and it never fails to make me crack up.
4. I love Tennis! I played Varsity in high school for 3 years.
5. Iâ€™m a total tomboy at heart.
6. I love to sing. (When no oneâ€™s around)
7. Filming The Messengers was hands down one of the best experiences of my life.
8. My favorite food is pizza.
9. My favorite thing to do in the summer is swim. And then get out of the pool and eat pizza.
10. I would love to be on Broadway someday.