Let us introduce you to the super talented Asia Monet Ray!
The 9-year-old actress and dancer stars in the new movie Sister Code, which follows three foster sisters after the death of their mother – the shrewd business woman, the free spirit, and the caregiver – who find themselves fighting for their individual dreams and fighting each other in this tale of love, lust, and tragedy.
“This will be my very first movie, and to be on the big screen is a dream,” Asia told JJJ. “My role as young Lexi starts out in the beginning of the movie. Lexi is the youngest of three sisters, and grows up to be adult Lexi, played by Amber Rose.”
She continued, “Lexi is kind of like me, free spirited, strong and fun, with a plan. So it was fun being Lexi. I had such a great experience with an amazing cast. I think everyone will enjoy this move and the bond that creates a Sister Code.” Be sure to check it out in theaters now!
Here are 10 other fun facts Asia told us about herself!
1. I am a total dog Lover! I write a monthly dog blog on WhoSay on different breeds and I just got my first puppy, a 2 month-old Peekapoo named “Mochi.”
2. I started dancing at 2 years old, and performing at the age of 4. My first TV show appearance was at 6 years old.
3. I began singing and acting at the age of 6, and began recording original music at 8 years old.
4. At the age of 8, I played a young Beyonce in a national Toyota commercial.
5. My 3 favorite colors are pink, gold and silver.
6. Favorite desserts are Hawaiian shaved ice and mochi.
7. I’m home-schooled and I love reading and writing.
8. I know this sounds crazy but I eat for my blood type, which is so good for you and keeps your energy up. Basically I eat healthy and avoid dairy or wheat, but I still cheat with gelato on the weekends.
9. I drink tons of water! Like 10 glasses a day.
10. I’m currently working on two projects and music coming out this year.
11. I’m nine years old and was born in Orange County.
12. My favorite candy is watermelon sour patch and lollipops.
13. When not on set, I train six days a week. That’s a combination of vocals, acting, dancing and conditioning.