Via EOnline, one of the characters, is actually Sharpay and Ryan Evan’s cousin!
Here’s the break down:
– Erin is a badass soccer player who strives for excellence—and the only girl on the boys’ team. She starts falling for the bad boy from the wrong side of the tracks, but isn’t sure whether to follow her heart.
– Derek, the aforementioned bad boy who falls for Erin, is tough on the surface but a soft-hearted family guy at his core. He’s an excellent soccer player and incredible dancer who teaches dance classes to little girls at his family’s studio.
– Campbell is Troy Bolton 2.0—super hot soccer captain and theater star who also happens to be Sharpay and Ryan Evans’ cousin. He decides that he wants to date Erin, and isn’t too happy when she wants to be with Derek instead.
– Nathalie is East High’s biggest fan, a loyal, outgoing cheerleader and big-hearted BFF to Erin.
– Tamara is East High’s former queen bee, a cheer squad member attempting to climb back up the social ladder and reclaim all the attention for herself.