The 21-year-old model did an impression of the future First Lady and poked fun at the public perception of her in the process. After she was slammed by some fans, she apologized to anyone she offended in a handwritten letter posted to her Twitter account on Monday evening (November 21).
“I was honored to host the AMAs last night and to work with some of the most respected writers in the business. I removed or changed anything in the script that I felt took the joke too far, and whether or not you choose to see it, what remained was done in good humor and with no bad internet,” Gigi wrote. “I too have been the center of a nationally televised comedy skit that poked fun at my actions, and was able to find the humor in it.”
“I believe Melania understands show business and the way shows are written and run. I apologized to anyone that I offended and have only the best wishes for our country,” she concluded the letter.
Click inside to see the full scan of the handwritten letter…
Also on Just Jared Jr
- Brie Larson is opening up about how fellow Best Actress nominees and good friends Emma Stone and Jennifer Lawrence “saved her life” – TooFab
- Here’s everything we know about tonight’s second episode of Pretty Little Liars – Wetpaint
- You won’t believe who just landed the roles of Simon and Pumba in The Lion King remake – Just Jared
- If you loved Famous in Love, you’ll love these YA novels too – Teen.com
- Simone Biles gushes over her first date ever – Tigerbeat
- A recognizable star was just cast as Veronica’s dad on Riverdale – TV Line