The 21-year-old model did an impression of the future First Lady and poked fun at the public perception of her in the process. After she was slammed by some fans, she apologized to anyone she offended in a handwritten letter posted to her Twitter account on Monday evening (November 21).
“I was honored to host the AMAs last night and to work with some of the most respected writers in the business. I removed or changed anything in the script that I felt took the joke too far, and whether or not you choose to see it, what remained was done in good humor and with no bad internet,” Gigi wrote. “I too have been the center of a nationally televised comedy skit that poked fun at my actions, and was able to find the humor in it.”
“I believe Melania understands show business and the way shows are written and run. I apologized to anyone that I offended and have only the best wishes for our country,” she concluded the letter.
Click inside to see the full scan of the handwritten letter…
Also on Just Jared Jr
- Selena Gomez has some really great things to say about taking a break from social media and your cell phone. Could you do it? – TooFab
- Ariana Grande was totally starstruck by THIS person on the Hairspray Live! set – Just Jared
- Fans are speculating that Dove Cameron is dating this co-star – Teen.com
- Are Sabrina Carpenter and Camila Cabello new BFFs? – Tigerbeat
- Hailey Baldwin doesn’t have a squad and doesn’t really get the whole concept – PopCrush
- Is Justin Bieber looking for a new girlfriend? – MTV News