The 21-year-old model did an impression of the future First Lady and poked fun at the public perception of her in the process. After she was slammed by some fans, she apologized to anyone she offended in a handwritten letter posted to her Twitter account on Monday evening (November 21).
“I was honored to host the AMAs last night and to work with some of the most respected writers in the business. I removed or changed anything in the script that I felt took the joke too far, and whether or not you choose to see it, what remained was done in good humor and with no bad internet,” Gigi wrote. “I too have been the center of a nationally televised comedy skit that poked fun at my actions, and was able to find the humor in it.”
“I believe Melania understands show business and the way shows are written and run. I apologized to anyone that I offended and have only the best wishes for our country,” she concluded the letter.
Click inside to see the full scan of the handwritten letter…
Also on Just Jared Jr
- YES! The Green Ranger will be in a potential Power Rangers movie sequel – TooFab
- All the times that Caleb and Spencer were pretty cute together on Pretty Little Liars – Wetpaint
- This is how celebrities are reacting to Trump‘s Healthcare bill being pulled by the GOP – Just Jared
- Is Jack Johnson from Jack & Jack dating this cute girl? – Teen.com
- Fans still think that Cameron Dallas and Hailey Baldwin are dating because of these new pictures – Tigerbeat
- We have to get to the bottom of this — why isn’t there a purple M&M?! – TeenVogue