While we’ll always be team Frary, Mary and Gideon are making headlines all across Scotland and England with this image alone on tonight’s Reign.
In the ep, Gideon (Ben Geurens) shows Mary (Adelaide Kane) what life could be like if she chose love over country…and secretly, JJJ is rooting for him to sway her to that thinking.
“Gideon is such an interesting character and we do see quite a lot of him in Elizabeth’s court actually, which is very interesting,” Adelaide shared about the potential love interest for Mary. “So he’s not really present in Scottish court any more, but he is very, very present in English court and his friendship with Elizabeth sort of deepens.”
She added, “Mary still has a lot of love for him, of course, but that was a relationship that could never really find fruition in anyway.”
But, we do have questions on why she just couldn’t choose love over country:
- – Gideon makes her so happy. We mean look at her smile! Why did Mary have to deny her happiness for the throne?
- – Could Gideon denounce England and go to Scotland? That would make everyone happy all at once. He’s meant to be with Mary.
- – Lord Darnley clearly isn’t the one for her. Even if he gives her her only child, James, he’s still not the best person in the world. Especially when he’s playing both sides.
- – If she chose love (which she definitely should have!), would Scotland’s throne go to her brother James? Or to Elizabeth?
- – If she chose country (which she does), we have to wonder if choosing love would’ve brought her a longer life. Could she have avoided being beheaded?
Reign airs TONIGHT, @ 9PM ET/PT on The CW.
Reign | Leap of Faith Scene