Get to know Jake Allyn a little better with these 10 fun facts!
He stars as BoJohn Folsom, the quaterback on BET’s The Quad, which follows students and administrators at Georgia A&M, a fictitious HBCU (Historically Black College or University).
The season finale is set to air Wednesday, March 29 so be sure to tune in!
Check out 10 facts Jake shared with us:
1. I am also a screenwriter. I wrote two films in 2016, Ex-Patriot is a CIA thriller set in Colombia and Forsaken is a modern adaptation of Shakespeare’s Macbeth set in a small town in modern day Oklahoma.
2. I had to audition for my series regular role on BET’s The Quad seven different times! I even had to show the BET executives I could throw the football in an alley behind BET headquarters.
3. I played football through college. I was a receiver for Cornell University.
Click inside to see the rest of Jake’s fun facts…
4. In my third grade talent show, I performed a speech from Mel Gibson’s Braveheart. I even had all the blue war paint on. It was epic.
5. I have traveled to every continent except Antarctica.
6. After college, I lived for a full year in Indonesia. Many people don’t know it is the fourth most-populated in the world!
7. I am a flat out mama’s boy. Sometimes if I don’t want to go out drinking or to a club with my friends, I just retreat to my mom’s house about an hour and a half away so I can get her home cooking and watch movies all night.
8. I am a die hard Dallas Cowboys fan. I physically cried when we lost to the Green Bay Packers in our last two playoff runs…It’s an issue and I’m dealing with it.
9. I became an uncle a little over a year ago and it was massively motivating. I suddenly realized I couldn’t live with myself if my nephew grew up to know me as the broke uncle who failed at acting…I’ve been crushing it ever sense!
10. I plan to retire to Montana and own a horse ranch out there. That’s my dream.
Follow Jake on Twitter!