And, now, it’s here. Today!
1. Actress and singer Selena Gomez is executive producing the Netflix series.
2. It features exceptional new talent, including Tommy Dorfman and Katherine Langford.
3. The series is about teen suicide, which is a taboo topic that hasn’t been covered much in the past, on television or in film, yet needs to be discussed.
4. Selena thought if she acted in the show, it would “distract” from the message, which shows how seriously she is taking the project.
5. One of the goals of the show is to bring awareness to a number of issues, from high school hierarchy to cruel rumors.
6. 13 Reasons Why stars Dylan Minnette, who we know and love from Goosebumps, Lost, and more.
7. It already has glowing reviews.
8. It’s based on the best-selling and moving young adult novel by Jay Asher.
9.The show strives to show the “ugliness” of high school, and refuses to romanticize the experience like many other shows.
10. Katherine is “captivating” as Hannah, the lead.
11. Riverdale‘s Ross Butler has a role in the series that breaks stereotypes.
12. Selena just dropped a new single for the soundtrack, which you can listen to here.
13. The project “hits home” for Selena, and grapples with depression, bullying, and more issues that she’s faced head-on.
13 Reasons Why debuts today on Netflix.
Not convinced yet? Click inside to listen to the powerful monologue from the girl who took her own life…