Maze Runner Latest News, Photos, and Videos

Dylan O'Brien Will Begin Filming 'Maze Runner 3' Again Next Year

Dylan O'Brien Will Begin Filming 'Maze Runner 3' Again Next Year

Dylan O’Brien will begin filming the third film in the Maze Runner series, The Maze Runner: The Death Cure, in February of 2017, Deadline reports.

The 25-year-old actor suffered a horrible on-set injury during filming earlier this year, and production was subsequently put off for his recovery.

Sources say that production was supposed to start up again this past May, but Dylan needed more time to recuperate.

After the accident last year, production halted and the studio changed the release date from February 17, 2017 to January 12, 2018.

Not much information is known about Dylan‘s accident, but sources say he fell off of a set piece made to look like a train and fractured bones in his face. Dylan resurfaced a few weeks ago and looks great!

'Maze Runner' Pushed Back to 2018 After Dylan O'Brien's Injury

'Maze Runner' Pushed Back to 2018 After Dylan O'Brien's Injury

The Maze Runner: The Death Cure has finally announced when the film will premiere after production was delayed due to Dylan O’Brien‘s on-set injury.

The film is now going to premiere on January 12, 2018, almost a year after the film’s original premiere date.

The studio has not yet revealed when production on the film will re-start, although it was announced last month that it would not resume on May 9 as scheduled.

Dylan has been recovering from his injuries after being run over by a car while filming a scene, which included several broken bones in his face.

His co-star Giancarlo Esposito recently said that the star was “healing very well.”

'Maze Runner' Production Postponed While Dylan O達rien Recovers From Injuries

'Maze Runner' Production Postponed While Dylan O達rien Recovers From Injuries

Filming of The Maze Runner: The Death Cure has been indefinitely halted while Dylan O’Brien takes more time to heal from injuries sustained during an on-set car accident last month.

“The resumption of principal photography on Maze Runer: The Death Cure has been further delayed to allow Dylan O’Brien more time to fully recover from his injuries. We wish Dylan a speedy recovery and look forward to restarting production as soon as possible,” Fox said in a statement.

Production on the film was initially scheduled to resume on May 9, according to Variety.

Dylan‘s co-star Giancarlo Esposito recently said that the star was “healing very well.”

The movie was set to hit theaters on February 17, 2017, but that release date may change due to the production delay.