Zac Efron Battles Vanessa Hudgens at the Box Office

Zac Efron Battles Vanessa Hudgens at the Box Office

Donning a Black Eyed Peas tee, Zac Efron runs his hands through his hair as he chats on his cell phone outside a studio in West Hollywood, Calif., on Thursday afternoon (April 29).

It was just announced that the 22-year-old actor’s upcoming film, The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud will release on July 30th — the same day as girlfriend Vanessa HudgensBeastly!

Charlie St. Cloud is a story about a young cemetery caretaker (Efron) who is struggling to let go of his haunted past when an adventurous woman (Amanda Crew) enters his life and causes him to question his commitment to his younger brother (Charlie Tahan) whose death he feels responsible for. The film was originally slated to debut in theaters in October.

FYI: Zac is wearing AllSaints Double Zip Hi-Top sneakers and a John Varvatos ‘Black Eyed Peas’ Grammy t-shirt!

10+ pics inside of Zac Efron

WHICH FILM WILL YOU GO SEE ON JULY 30Beastly or Charlie St. Cloud?

Zac-efron-battle zac efron vanessa battle box office 01
Zac-efron-battle zac efron vanessa battle box office 13
Zac-efron-battle zac efron vanessa battle box office 14

Photos: Fame Pictures
Posted to: Zac Efron

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 78 »
Luis F. Gomez @ 12:26 am on 04/30/2010

Im pretty sure you can see both movies the same day hahaha but this is kind of awkard… a very very awkard situation…

sarah @ 12:27 am on 04/30/2010

I cant wait to see Charlie St. Cloud!

Jess! @ 12:32 am on 04/30/2010

beastly

solee @ 12:33 am on 04/30/2010

I wanna see both but I gotta sayy I wanna see beastly so much maybe that weekend I’ll watch both :))

Dee @ 12:34 am on 04/30/2010

I plan on seeing them both the weekend they open because I read both books and really enjoyed them. I am interested to see how the movies compare to the books.

Kro @ 12:34 am on 04/30/2010

I’ll go see both of them, in fact i can’t wait for beastly, and since i like zefron and charlie stcloud book, i’llgo see it too!

katia @ 12:35 am on 04/30/2010

I would see both movies the same day , cant wait : |

rachel @ 12:36 am on 04/30/2010

beastly

mix @ 12:39 am on 04/30/2010

anyone knows the international screening of charlie st cloud??
beastly will open in the philippines on august 11..
but I WILL WATCH BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love u zanessa <3

helen @ 12:41 am on 04/30/2010

Ah, this sucks. Zac’s movie, for me, would be the best choice, but vanessa’s gonna win the box office. not because her fans are more devoted or because the film is better, but because it’s a lighter genre. you can see it in the color, even. but zac’s is definetely the one with depth.

i’m going to watch both, though. not on the same day, of course

Val @ 12:47 am on 04/30/2010

I’l go see Charlie St. Cloud, I read beastly and find it really boring, besides I’m more a Zac fan soo…

LG @ 12:50 am on 04/30/2010

I like Zac but I LOVE Vanessa, so I’m definitely watching Beastly.

joanne @ 12:58 am on 04/30/2010

why did Universal do that? anyway whatever i’m seeing both

lalala @ 1:02 am on 04/30/2010

i gonna see zacs movie!!! go zac!

lala @ 1:02 am on 04/30/2010

im going to see both!! doesnt really matter though, cause im sure alot of fans would see both!!

ak @ 1:22 am on 04/30/2010

Each movie caters to a slightly different demographic. Beastly will appeal more to the teen set, while Charlie St. Cloud seems like a more serious film that will attract older audiences (Oscar winners Kim Bassinger and Ray Liotta costar in the movie). This will be more of a breakout role for Zac since it is more mature in subject matter. Beastly’s storyline is just a rehashing of Beauty and the Beast and seems not as grownup in content, so it won’t be as much as a stretch for Vanessa fans. As an adult moviegoer, I will definitely go see Charlie St. Cloud and will leave Beastly to the teenyboppers.

Claudia @ 1:23 am on 04/30/2010

Charlie St. Cloud…of course!!!!!!!!
The book is extraordinary, it makes you cry, it’s amazing..
Besides, Kim Basinger is there too, that got be a great movie!!!!!
So awesomeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Loooooveeee you Zac♥

annasaurus @ 1:24 am on 04/30/2010

I’ll wait until I see a trailer for Efron’s movie before I judge but right now I would watch Beastly.

Boji @ 1:25 am on 04/30/2010

Well, these are 2 movies of different genres. One is a drama meant for an older audience, the other is supernatural, fairytalish and for a younger audience. Both have one half of Hollywood’s favourite young couple in them and that is the only gripe, being shown on the same day. Those who are fans of both will have to be prepared for a long weekend at the cinemas and feel a little lighter in the pocket. Some would even see them back to back. Whatever, hope both do well in the cinema stakes. CBS has done a good job thus far with promoting Beastly, but no doubt, Zac the ever professional will do his best not to let the fans down.

mzindochick @ 1:25 am on 04/30/2010

that’s just stupid. imagine it comes as a tie or something. lmfao. nah.
i have a gut feeling that Zac would go to victory because he does have more fans than Vanessa but I want Vanessa to lead because she deserves it. we’ll just see, but I’m reading Zac’s book and its kinda boring.

sera @ 1:25 am on 04/30/2010

I can’t wait for Charlie St. Cloud!!

birdie @ 1:26 am on 04/30/2010

That sucks Universal! :( but I will definately see them both. As far as the Box Office goes it’s a lose,lose situation. That really hurts both films, and it’s sad cuz they both had potential to be #1. I’ll be optimistic
and hope they are both money-makers and have staying power. Both
films look lovely.

zanessa/scashley/ashnessa @ 1:31 am on 04/30/2010

Aw.. Poor Zachary looks stressed.. And oh hey, that’s even better, people don’t have to wait till October to watch ‘Life and Death of Charlie St. Cloud’. And I will definitely be watching both movies on the same day. :D No doubt Zachary & Vanessa are very supportive of each-other. No competition here.

Emma @ 1:34 am on 04/30/2010

LOLS im watching BOTH on the same day :) BACK TO BACK awwyeaaaaahhhhhh ;)

kiara @ 1:37 am on 04/30/2010

zac is sooo gonna’ win the BO. i hate to say this, and i do love vanessa, but bandslam came at no. 12 at the BO and was advertised. As for zac, his 17 again came at no.1 in april. I think beastly looks like a great movie but, zac’s more popular and i think hsm fans would choose a zac efron movie over a vanessa hudgens movie. But, i think they will do very well at the BO and i can picture obviously newmoon being no.1 charlie st. cloud no.2 and beastly no.3-4 maybe. But either way, zac WILL win the BO!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 78 »