Kristen Stewart is On The Road

Kristen Stewart is On The Road

Kristen Stewart is headed out On The Road…but not for promo duties.

The 20-year-old actress confirmed to USA Today after her taping on Oprah that she’ll be playing Marylou in the film adaption of Jack Kerouac‘s “On The Road.”

Kristen shared, “I am very much attached to a movie that has been trying to get made forever. Not that this is going to help it, but maybe I can just brag a little bit. I am super excited about it, too. I am about to play Marylou in On the Road. So that’s a big deal.”

The story is a largely autobiographical work that was based on the spontaneous road trips of Kerouac and his friends across mid-century America. Garrett Hedland and Sam Riley also star. Filming is expected to start this summer.

Congrats, Kristen!

Credit: Ian Daniels; Photos: Startraksphoto
Posted to: Kristen Stewart

Viviana @ 11:39 pm on 05/05/2010

Can’t wait! I must just read the book..

commentor @ 12:05 am on 05/06/2010

good for her! she really chooses her job in which she can relate. we love you!

Hayley @ 12:07 am on 05/06/2010

I’m a huge fan so I’m happy for Kristen getting this role. I never read the novel which is based on the real life experiences of Jack Kerouac, but I definitely will now. I read that it was written in 1951 and that is a very important work.

TWILA @ 2:25 am on 05/06/2010

KRISTEN IS A ONE DIMENSIONAL ACTOR…..STAMMERS, STUTTERS, DOESN’T FINISH A SENTENCE, ALWAYS BITING HER BOTTOM LIP, FRETTING, FULL OF ANGST (SHE LIKES THIS WORD). I WOULD LIKE TO SEE HER JUST LET IT FLOW AND LOOSEN UP AND SHOW SOME OTHER EMOTION …….LIKE HAPPY OR RELAXED. THE RUNAWAYS WAS A TOTAL BOMB. COST 10 MIL TO MAKE AND IT DIDN’T EVEN GROSS 2 MIL. SHE GOT PAID MORE THAN THAT TO MAKE IT MOST LIKELY. MERYL STREEP SHE WILL NEVER BE!! OH, HEY KRISTEN!~ WE ALL KNOW YOU ARE BEING PORKED BY ROB SO JUST QUIT WITH THE “I DON’T WANT TO CHEAPEN MY RELATIONSHIP” REMARKS. NOBODY CARES ABOUT MILEY AND LIEM…..SHE JUST CAME OUT FROM THE GET GO AND SAID THEY WERE DATING….SO, NO MYSTERY THERE FOR THE PAPPS.

harley @ 4:23 am on 05/06/2010

Sounds cool!

On a side note – I caught the end of E! News earlier, and she was looking gorgeous for her Elle photoshoot. Can’t wait until the mag comes out next week.

diana @ 6:19 am on 05/06/2010

TWILA – Actually, for a rated R movie, ‘The Runaway did quite well. Especially considering that It was ONLY released in 244 theaters! It made $3.5 million and hasn’t even been released internationally yet!

Where else, “Remember Me” is a PG 13 movie; therefore, fans of nearly any age can watch it. It was released in 2,215 theaters! A lot more theaters than ‘The Runaways’!

‘Remember Me’ only made $19 million in the U.S., AND was released internationally!

244 theaters versus 2,214 theaters. You do the math! :)

kylie @ 7:55 am on 05/06/2010

NO!….. I cant stand her anymore.

lula @ 9:14 am on 05/06/2010

oh god
‘kristen stewart is in a movie based on a book! i must read it! its really good! even though i dont understand anything about the beat generation and my most favorite book is twilight! even if i dont have any interest in reading anything besides twilight!’

Dany @ 11:51 am on 05/06/2010

I can’t wait! I’m so happy for her =)

nikki @ 8:20 pm on 05/06/2010

omg cant wait to see how it turns out. btw kstew totally looks gorgeous in that pic xx

na @ 10:23 pm on 05/06/2010

i am actually really frustrated about this news. i love that book to death — and she is NOT marylou. kristen is a sweet, endearing girl, but she is always, always kristen stewart. she is not a character actor, and on the road is filled with incredible, singular characters.

i’m prepared to be disappointed. i hope she surprises me.

ris @ 3:43 pm on 05/07/2010

I am happy to read this, excellent news

nicole @ 2:10 pm on 05/17/2010

does anyone know where that pic is from coz kstew looks totally hot in it!!!