NICKELODEON BUZZTRACKS SWEEPSTAKES – Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Nickelodeon BUZZTRACKS Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the United States, including the District of Columbia and, at the time of entry, are 13 years of age or older. By entering, any entrant who is 17 years of age or younger, or who has not reached the age of majority in his/her state (whichever is older), represents that he/she has obtained the consent to enter from his/her parent or legal guardian, as the case may be. Employees of Viacom Media Networks and Spark Communications, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of Sweepstakes, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively “Sweepstakes Entities”) and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible. All U.S., federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsor: Sponsor is Townsquare Media, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) with offices at 240 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich, CT 06830.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Sweepstakes: The Sweepstakes consists of two (2) parts:
a. one (1) chance per week to win a prize for eligible entries received by Sponsor beginning Friday, February 26, 2016 at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ending on Thursday, April 28th, 2016 at 11:59:59 p.m. (the “Weekly Sweepstakes Period”). During the Weekly Sweepstakes Period, there will be nine (9) Entry Periods, each beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. ET and ending at 11:59:59 p.m. ET, as follows:
Weekly Sweepstakes Entry Periods Weekly Sweepstakes Prize Drawing Dates
February 26th – March 3rd March 4th
March 4th – March 10th March 11th
March 11th – March 17th March 18th
March 18th – March 24th March 25th
March 25th – 31st April 1st
April 1st – 7th April 8th
April 8th – 14th April 15th
April 15th – 21st April 22nd
April 22nd – 28th April 29th
b. a chance to win one (1) grand prize for eligible entries received by Sponsor beginning February 26, 2016 at 12:00:01 a.m. ET and ends on March 7, 2016 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Grand Prize Sweepstakes Period”). Any entries received by Sponsor after the Grand Prize Sweepstakes Period shall not qualify for the grand prize drawing.
c. For all parts of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor is the official timekeeper for all Sweepstakes periods. Non-winning entries from one Weekly Sweepstakes Entry Period will carry over to the subsequent Weekly Sweepstakes Entry Period, if any.
5. Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes, during the Sweepstakes Period, visit https://justjaredjr.com/buzztracks and follow the instructions provided to receive one (1) entry (“Entry”). Limit one (1) Entry per person per day during the Sweepstakes Period. If it is discovered by Sponsor that any person has attempted to: (i) obtain more entries than permitted; (ii) use multiple names, identities, email addresses, and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt the Sweepstakes; and/or (iii) attempted one or more fraudulent submissions, then he/she will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes in the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected reviews and/or reviews, which will be disqualified. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Potential winner(s) may be required to show proof of being the authorized e-mail account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
6. Right to Verify Entries: All entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of an entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of the Sweepstakes; and/or (iii) for any other reason Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering the Sweepstakes in accordance with these Official Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification.
7. Winner Selections:
a. Weekly Winner Prize Selections. There will be one (1) weekly winner for each Weekly Sweepstakes Entry Period. For each Weekly Sweepstakes Entry Period, on or about the Drawing Dates listed in Section 4, Sponsor will select one (1) entry for the weekly gift bag prize described below in Section 9 in a random drawing of all valid entries received during that specific Weekly Sweepstakes Entry Period. Potential Weekly Sweepstakes winners will be contacted using the telephone number used by such entrant to enter (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules) or, for a potential Weekly Sweepstakes winner under the age of 18 or the age of majority in his/her state at the time of entry, whichever is older, by contacting such entrant’s parent’s/legal guardian’s telephone number included on the entry (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules). Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within two (2) calendar days of notification may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in disqualification and a new Weekly Sweepstakes potential winner(s) may be selected by Sponsor from all remaining valid entries from the applicable Entry Period. Odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during each Weekly Sweepstakes Period.
b. Grand Prize Winner Selection. On or about March 8, 2016, Sponsor will select one (1) entry for the Grand Prize Sweepstakes Period, which grand prize is described in Section 9 below, in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the Grand Prize Sweepstakes Period. The potential grand prize winner will be contacted using the telephone number provided by such entrant to enter or, for a potential grand prize winner under the age of 18 or the age of majority in his/her state at the time of entry, whichever is older, by contacting such entrant’s parent/legal guardian’s telephone number included on the entry (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules). Potential grand prize winner will be notified approximately one (1) business day after the grand prize drawing. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within twenty-four (24) hours of notification may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in disqualification and a new potential grand prize winner may be selected by Sponsor from all remaining valid entries from the Grand Prize Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning the grand prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Grand Prize Sweepstakes Period.
8. Requirements of the Potential Winners: All potential prize winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may award the applicable prize to an alternate prize winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. In order to claim a prize for which a selected entrant’s name was drawn, entrant will be required to sign and return to Sponsor, for Sponsor’s receipt within one (1) calendar days of notification, the affidavit of eligibility/liability release form provided by Sponsor (“Sweepstakes documents”), which (among other things): (i) confirm compliance with these Official Sweepstakes Rules (the “Official Rules”); (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the applicable Prize (as awarded); (iii) releases the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, employees, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability in connection with the Sweepstakes, the selected entrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the applicable prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees (except where prohibited by law or regulation) to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of the selected entrant’s name, address, voice, statements about the Sweepstakes and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. If an verified entrant wins a prize, and such entrant was under 18 or the age of majority in his;/her state, whichever is older, at the time of entry, the applicable prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, and the parent/legal guardian shall complete and return the Sweepstakes Documents and authorize same. If a potential prize winner (or his/her parent or legal guardian, if applicable) fails to return all of the properly executed Sweepstakes Documents within the specified time, or if a potential prize winner does not otherwise comply with these Official Rules and/or cannot accept the prize as awarded for any reason, then the selected potential prize winner will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to the applicable prize) and Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible potential winner from among the remaining eligible entries submitted and received to date during the Sweepstakes Period (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected potential prize winner).
Entrants are advised that California Civil Code § 1542 provides that: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR. By entering the Sweepstakes, each participant, on behalf of himself/herself and his/her heirs, successors, assigns, agents and representatives, acknowledges that he/she understands the significance and consequences of California Civil Code § 1542 and, to the extent it may be applicable, hereby waives the benefits of its provisions, with the intent that the releases and waivers of liability in this section shall include claims known or unknown, and unknown and unsuspected.
a. Nine (9) Weekly Sweepstakes Prizes. Each of the 9 Weekly Sweepstakes prizes consist of a Nickelodeon merchandise gift bag. Approximate retail value of each Weekly Sweepstakes Prize, $200.00 each.
b. One (1) Grand Prize. The Grand Prize consists of the following: (i) round-trip economy class air transportation for the grand prize winner and three (3) guests between a major metropolitan airport near the grand prize winner’s residence and Los Angeles, CA; (ii) four (4) passes to the BuzzTracksConcert; and (iii) $1,000 for spending money in the form of a pre-paid major credit card. All federal, state and local taxes and all other expenses not expressly listed in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the grand prize winner. Grand prize is nontransferable and may not be substituted or redeemed for cash by grand prize winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the grand prize for one of equal or greater value. Approximate retail value of the grand prize is $4,500.
10. General Conditions: Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system or service to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address.
All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for lost, delayed, incomplete, incompatible or misdirected entries. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of Sponsor with respect to all aspects of the Sweepstakes are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of entries and/or entrants.
The Released Parties will not be liable for: (i) any failure of the website during the Sweepstakes; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any entry or other information to be received, captured or recorded for any reason, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; (iv) any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes; and/or (v) any combination of the above. Any automated computer receipt (such as a “thank you” message or one confirming delivery of entry) does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor of an entry for purposes of these Official Rules.
Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw, amend or suspend the Sweepstakes (or to amend these Official Rules) in any way, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of the Sweepstakes as contemplated by these Official Rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes in any way (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, amend or suspend the Sweepstakes, or to amend these Official Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Official Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or entry with these Official Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Sweepstakes as contemplated in these Official Rules, or for any other reason.
11. Disputes and Governing Law: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the Entrant’s residence; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in a Sweepstakes), and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
12. Release, Indemnification and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities, and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents and representatives from and against any and all claims, demands, actions, losses, costs, damages, liabilities, judgments, settlements and expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorney’s fees) (“Losses”) of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the Sweepstakes, participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or acceptance, possession, receipt, use or misuse of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (f) injury, death and/or damage to persons or property; or (g) claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy. Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities, and their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents and representatives from any and all Losses of any kind that may be asserted against or incurred by Sponsor or any Sweepstakes Entity at any time in connection with the entries, or otherwise relating to entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, including without limitation claims concerning the infringement upon or violation of any intellectual property or other rights. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, Sponsors’ and Sweepstakes Entities’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall Sponsor or the Sweepstakes Entities be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes-related materials, including, but not limited to: the entry form, website, these Official Rules, or advertising; the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
13. Sweepstakes Results: A winner’s list is available only within ninety (90) days following the conclusion of the Sweepstakes. To obtain a winner’s list, send a separate, self-addressed stamped envelope to: BuzzTracks Sweepstakes c/o Townsquare Media, Inc., 240 Greenwich Avenue, Greenwich, CT 06830.