There are just a little over two weeks until Ally Maki‘s new show, Wrecked, premieres on TBS!
JJJ caught up with the actress, who plays Jess in the series, about a group of people who, after their plane crashes on a remote island, cope with dangerous threats (many of which they cause).
Here are 10 Fun Facts that Ally dished that people might not know:
1. I am Japanese American.
2. I was born four days after Christmas, which makes me a Capricorn!
3. I moved to Los Angeles after being scouted by a talent manager in Seattle, WA and spent my high school years living in a house with other kid actors.
4. I think it would be so fun to play a strong female superhero one day! Wearing a cape with leggings sounds like my idea of the perfect day. The character would definitely have to have a sense of humor and some sort of strangely useful power like “deadly acrylic nails” or “can text people back using her mind.”
5. I was in an all girl pop rock band called “The Valli Girls” where I sang vocals and played the keytar. So embarrassing. Please don’t google it!
6. I’m a big klutz and terrible at any type of sport.
7. When I was three, I stole my grandma’s scissors and chopped my own bangs. I got into so much trouble, but I remember thinking I looked pretty fresh!
8. I love to write. When I was in high school, I interned at US Weekly where I wrote online content for their website.
9. TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) used to be my jam. My grandma used to record every episode on VHS, so my cousin and I could watch and rewatch them after school.
10. My first acting job in Los Angeles was on an episode of That’s So Raven where I worked with a giant dog.
Bonus fact! “About 89% of my life is spent in sweat pants and big T-shirts. I’m a big homebody!”
Be sure to follow Ally on Snapchat (almakixo) and Twitter and tune in to Wrecked, on Tuesday, June 14th at 10pm ET/PT on TBS.
Like Just Jared Jr. on FB