Emily Osment is the latest star to join the Twitter craze!
The 17-year-old Hannah Montana starlet just launched her official Twitter — you can follow her @EmilyOsment.
Emily also popped in on her official MySpace to share her new playlist that she’s been rocking out to. She wrote, “I created a new playlist for you and I think itâ€™s important to explain whatâ€™s on my playlist and why. First up: 100.3 is no doubt my favorite station when I drive. Never in the past have I disconnected my iPod and turned on the radio until now. They play everything from Springsteen to the Chili Peppers. Check em out if you live in LA, they play good solid music like ‘Hard Sun’ by Eddie Vedder.”
Check inside for the rest of Emily‘s playlist…
“2. I recently have become obsessed with Genius from iTunes, itâ€™s very helpful. One day while making a Genius playlist for the song ‘Dashboard’ by Modest Mouse, ‘Think I’m in Love’ by Beck showed up with it and I suddenly remembered how much I love that song. When you have as much Beck as I do, sometimes awesome songs like ‘Think Iâ€™m In Love,’ ‘Gamma Ray’ and ‘E-Pro’ get lost in the funk.
3. Not the biggest James Bond fan in the world, but there was no way I wasnâ€™t going to see Quantum of Solace. ‘Just Another Way To Die’ by Jack White and Alicia Keys is probably the most perfect theme song ever.
4. Recently celebrated my Dadâ€™s birthday and for his party I made a four-hour playlist. ‘The Great Beyond’ by R.E.M. was on there and of course I fell back in love with Michael Stipe.
5. My friend Peter loves the Violent Femmes and weâ€™re always singing ‘Kiss Off.’ Literally when I see him I just start singing, ‘I take one, one, one cuz ya left meâ€¦’
6. No explanation needed for why ‘There There (The Boney Kind of Nowhere’) by Radiohead on the playlist this week. Itâ€™s Radiohead. Duh!
7. On set last week I went to lunch still in my Lola Luftnagle getup and I swear at least three people started singing ‘Lola lalalalaLola.’ Needless to say ‘Lola’ by The Kinks made the list.
8. 99% of the time when Iâ€™m driving I turn on ‘Gold Lion’ by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs (when Iâ€™m not listening to 100.3 J). Such a stellar song, the music video rocks my world. Check out their most recent album Itâ€™s Blitz, ‘Zero’ and ‘Soft Shock’ are my favorites off that record.
9. Ohhhhhhh Tom Petty. Oh how I love you. ‘Mary Jane’s Last Dance’ is by far my favorite from The Heartbreakers. I chose this song for my Dadâ€™s B-day party playlist as well.
10. My Mom can always tell when Iâ€™m playing ‘Penny on the Train Track’ by Ben Kweller even though there are only three chords in that song. Donâ€™t ask me how she does it. D-A-D-G could be almost any song off ‘A Hard Dayâ€™s Night,’ but she knows her Ben Kweller and sings along downstairs.
I think a playlist is more than a playlist. Itâ€™s an audible diary of the week. If I ever had a legitimate “Dear Diary” it would be ‘Moby Dick’ by day three. Iâ€™m in love with words and Iâ€™ll never restrain myself. Enjoy the playlist and go fetch these songs if you donâ€™t have them already.
Posted to: Emily Osment