Zac Efron Really Wants to be Spider-Man

Zac Efron Really Wants to be Spider-Man

Zac Efron, David Henrie and Logan Lerman — the three big names we’ve seen attached or mentioned when it comes to the reboot of the Spider-Man franchise. But just who do you think wants it most?

Zac, 22, dished to 2Day FM‘s Kyle and Jackie O Show that he still wants the gig. He shared, “To be honest that would be a dream come true. I haven’t heard anything but of course any young actor would love to fill those shoes and they are big shoes to fill.”

He also had to squash any more rumors about him returning to East High School, saying, “I don’t know what else we could do, we graduated High School. It might be a bit redundant, we’re a bit too old and pretty soon what’s to stop us from doing Retirement Home Musical.”

Check out more photos at 2DayFM.com.au.

Photos: Icon/Fame Pictures
Posted to: Zac Efron

Pages: [1] 2 3 »
maddie @ 10:31 pm on 02/16/2010

Zac needs to be the next Spider Man, David is too full of himself, and Logan, just no.

Lottie @ 10:35 pm on 02/16/2010

I don’t want zac to be spiderman. I don’t think it will help his career. At all.

jasmine @ 10:39 pm on 02/16/2010

*hysterically yells, “YOU WILL NEVER BE SPIDERMAN , NEVER !”
okay, a little dramatic. i mean, love you to death zac & all of the other guys wanting the gig . but i really just want an unknown guy to get the part. a guy with a clean slate. not that there’s anything wrong with zac, but honestly , i just don’t see him as spiderman . something about the idea just pisses me off. no offense. maybe logan, but just because he was so good in percy jackson. zac is too much of a big shot to be spiderman, you know ?

KAtty @ 10:39 pm on 02/16/2010

I just don’t think it would be good…. a lot of fans are angry they fired the original actors, and bringing Spider-Man to high school, I don’t know, I just don’t see it as a good career for him.

He’s supposed to be playing a sixteen year old in the movie, and while many actors portray someone younger than themselves, I just don’t see Zac as sixteen. The youngest age I see him as is eighteen-nineteen. That’s a good thing, a lot of people don’t want to be like Sterling Knight who is twenty one, but I can picture him as sixteen easily. I love Sterling, I think he is a wonderful actor who can do better than DCOM(s) and should move on to bigger and better things, but Zac doesn’t look sixteen like Sterling could.

I think Zac would be a great Spider-Man, he would do good in the action scenes, and has the acting chops to pull it off, but so many fans are mad Tobey’s not coming back. It’s always been Tobey, it’s not like Batman or Superman, or even the Bond movies that always change the main character and can pull it off…

I don’t want Zac to take a blow in his acting career because this movie might fail… not because he’s the actor, but because of the whole firing ordeal…

zanessa/scashley/ashnessa @ 10:41 pm on 02/16/2010

‘Retirement Home Musical’. Haha, Zachary’s a class act. If he is the next Spider-Man, two things will come out of it. 1. It will be another big hit for Zachary. 2. ..Well, I’ll just say that it won’t be a hit. Either way, I go where Zachary goes !! Us fans got his back. :D

Katty @ 10:42 pm on 02/16/2010

@jasmine:

It would be better with an unknown… David Henrie could do it because if you don’t want DC you don’t really know him, like many adults don’t know him…… I just feel uneasy about Zac being Spidey.

Ashley @ 10:47 pm on 02/16/2010

I think Zac’s just being polite. He should start his own franchise not do one that’s already been done.

If Zac is spider-man, than I might actually watch the movie..

but Zac, ever heard of High School reunions? ..lol..
I was thinking they should have like a High School Musical Reunion movie, 5 years after the 3rd movie to make it seem like a real reunion..like have the whole cast come back and remember the times they had at East High..just like a real high school reunion..that would be cool..

but either way Zac you are so hot..

abby @ 10:51 pm on 02/16/2010

Oh lets faces it if any of them were to get it it would so be Zac. He’s the only one out of the three of them who has any type of real career. My vote goes for Zac.

brit @ 10:52 pm on 02/16/2010

I love zac, but i just think those shoes are a tad too big for him to fill.

angeliz @ 10:54 pm on 02/16/2010

Retirement Home Musical’ THAT FUNNY !
!! i just think that he sthat kind of actor … he’s of a classic/romantic or adventure at the jungle kind of actor … and david is stong and more of an action movie actor !!!

But they r both really talented ( prefer DAvid H. !! ) and amazin actors !!!

Unbelieveable @ 10:55 pm on 02/16/2010

No stay away from spider man in fact there should not even be another spider man that franchise is a train wreck right now. The first one was awsome, the second was average at best, the third one was so bad I left in the middle of it and tried to get my money back. Zac stay away and just let spider man dissappear

#3 Jasmine I AGREE WITH YOU…I LOVE ZAC BUT NO =/

angeliz @ 11:00 pm on 02/16/2010

@maddie: DAvis is sooo not too full of himself !!! hes like the only one of alll of them that do good thing for the community !! hes hot,funny,strong and an amazing actor !! I really think that the only one out of the 3 of them tthat can puul the character is David henrie !!

I mean I not saying that zac is bad … is just that hes not that kind of actor !! DAviid is perfect for it !!!

Katty @ 11:04 pm on 02/16/2010

@HsmZanessaFansite21:

Haha. High School Reunion… if it got picked up by a major distrubuter, like Universal to work with it, so it wouldn’t be so cheesy (I loved the movies, but they were a little cheesy) that would be very interesting. I doubt that would happen, though, six year olds would still want to see it, not that that is bad, it is a good series.

Joe Jonas Wants to Be Spider-Man too =/

abby @ 11:12 pm on 02/16/2010

@Ashley Tisdale fan: haha sorry but out of all of them he is the last one that would most likely get the part. A. he’s not a very good actor B. he’s way to much like a girl to pull off the part.

Karen @ 11:15 pm on 02/16/2010

I’m wondering a couple things here. One is, I’m wondering if Zac knows that the new Spiderman is going to be a reboot and that they are planning to take Peter Parker back to school and make him a 16 year old? Maybe Zac is under the impression they are still going to be playing Spidey as the age they left off with in the last movie and have Spidey with all his powers and doing all the action stuff… I think that may appeal to Zac as it would be an action type movie and one that has a built-in adult fanbase.

Also, I’m wondering if he would like the prospect of working with some well known director whom he would feel would further his career. SOOOO, maybe he is just not up on the latest of what the franchise is planning to do with the character of Spiderman. And what gets me is if they take the character of Peter Parker back, what are they going to do with him? After all Peter Parker would not yet be Spiderman or have these powers or be able to do all these stunts. Wouldn’t that make the movie take on a whole different plot? What would they do with him? That has never made any sense to me. What Spiderman is all about is him getting “spider” sense and then being able to use certain abilities, etc. It’s just stupid. I

I don’t think Zac would really like going back and playing a 16 year old kid who doesn’t get to do the Spiderman stunts. When he talks about having big shoes to fill I just think he is talking about the challenge it would be to fill Tobey’s shoes—which is correct and it would be a concern—and thinking they are just looking for a new actor to CONTINUE the Spiderman saga, not that he would be playing out a whole new storyline of a young teen.

Muse @ 11:21 pm on 02/16/2010

I had nooooo idea that he and Vanessa were even in Australia!!! I’m so close. I wont stalk them though….
Ha, love this couple. It would be really different to see Zac playing Peter Parker, after Toby made it his own, but thats what actors do. They convince us and play characters that set out to challenge themselves and introuduce us into their new light.

Love Zanessa. Wish I had the chance to see them in Sydney. Might just do that…. ;)

mmmac @ 11:32 pm on 02/16/2010

Zac and high-school-anything is not the right move for him if he’s trying to move on with his career. HS is the only thing ppl can associate him with. i though Logan’s performance in Percy was just OK. He’s not the best choice either. David would have to be my number one pick. He’s a great actor and has all the kind humanitarian-type of qualities in real life as does the character Peter Parker. I can totally see David in that role. Oh, and not to forget, his bodacious bod in a spidey suit! :P

abby @ 11:32 pm on 02/16/2010

I’ve never seen more then like 15 mins of Spiter-Man so I have no idea what the story line or plot is about. Haha you can bet I’d see it if Zac was it in. ;)

abby @ 11:35 pm on 02/16/2010

Haha I said Spiter-Man lmfao. I ment Spider-Man.

Luis F. Gomez @ 11:39 pm on 02/16/2010

Im seeing the movie no matter what! I mean… Zac is a pretty good actor… but at the end we will maybe see a new face taking that role… who knows??

tessa @ 11:52 pm on 02/16/2010

Logan Lerman for Spiderman!!! :D

chelsea @ 12:22 am on 02/17/2010

I agree. I love Zac and I’ll be behind him in whatever he does, but I can’t picture him as Spider Man. Don’t get me wrong, i would TOTALLY watch it if he actually did get the role, but I think it’d be good to get someone unknown to do it C:

Pages: [1] 2 3 »