Ashley Greene: Breaking Out of Breaking Dawn?

Ashley Greene: Breaking Out of Breaking Dawn?

Ashley Greene takes a glance at the paparazzi as she heads into Automatic Sweat Casting studio in Los Angeles on Monday afternoon (May 10).

According to THR, the 23-year-old Florida-born actress and her BFF Kellan Lutz are apparently holding out on signing on to the fourth film in The Twilight Saga for better paychecks.

THR says, “We’re told that the offers from Summit — which are said to be at least 10 times what the actors made on the first movie — were deemed ‘offensive’ given the mega-money the franchise has generated. Summit declined to comment on the situation. But the studio wants to move quickly to pull the trigger on the two movies — which it won’t until the talent deals are further along — and it isn’t afraid to recast if agreements can’t be reached.”

WOULD YOU SEE Breaking Dawn without Ashley or Kellan in it?

10+ pics inside of Ashley Greene

Greene-paycheck ashley greene breaking dawn paycheck 09
Greene-paycheck ashley greene breaking dawn paycheck 10

Credit: Nathanael Jones; Photos: PacificCoastNewsOnline
Posted to: Ashley Greene

Pages: [1] 2 3 »
Katie @ 2:38 pm on 05/11/2010

ok they both should suck it up and not be so greedy. it is still 10x more than the first film. they are not the stars, they are hardly in the films anyway. this just made me lose a lot of respect for both of them.

Joanne Marie @ 2:40 pm on 05/11/2010

I would still watch It but i dont think it will be the same without them! I love them!

maila @ 2:41 pm on 05/11/2010

Where Alice is so cute and sweet, she is the total opposite, I spotted it from the beginning that she would be the one to be up herself. I knew she would be one of the actors from the franchise to gain an ego!

Summit are willing to pay her and Kellan 10x what they paid them for the first movie and they are still being greedy.

It will be weird to see them replaced, and Summit will do it if they have to. So I think they should count themselves lucky, because this franchise made them!

Just sign with what your being offered and get on with it!

To answer your question Jared, I will not see the movie whether they are in it or not. Because the book was awful, and making it into a movie is worse!

Val @ 2:44 pm on 05/11/2010

if someone of the cullens is replaced (whether it is ashley or kellan or someone of the other cullens) i am not seeing the movie

Danny @ 2:45 pm on 05/11/2010

i’ll wacth it, let’s face it, we only see twilight for robert.

maria @ 2:48 pm on 05/11/2010

@maila: I disagree with you. You’re making them out to be greedy, but with the money these actors have made for Summit, shame on them for not rewarding their stars. I don’t blame them AT ALL for holding out. I can’t stand to see studios reap the rewards and pay their stars peanuts. Summit is all about the money anyway. They could give a damn about quality.

maria @ 2:50 pm on 05/11/2010

And I don’t ever plan on seeing any of these movies ever. Heard the books were good, and the movies terrible.

twilight @ 2:50 pm on 05/11/2010

I will not watch it if any of the Cullens are replaced…

Caroline @ 3:07 pm on 05/11/2010

Most actors who are starting out in big budget movies make between $200,000-$500,000 a film maybe more and if Summit is offering them 10X this amount that is between $2-$5 MILLION. They are being greedy. Anyone in the world would be happy with a payday of $2-$5 million. Kristen has been acting longer and has more credits to her name, hence more money for her.

Gypsy05.com @ 3:20 pm on 05/11/2010

Well with or without the Twilight movies Ashley is a gorgeous girl and she makes Gypsy 05′s Release Me Tee look spectacular! You will be able to pre-order it on the official Gypsy 05 website shortly!

moniuue @ 3:23 pm on 05/11/2010

the answer is yes

moniuue @ 3:28 pm on 05/11/2010

i totally will see the movie sorry ashley and kellan ,kellan you was to minutes in NOES if is any one to get more is ashley

georgette @ 3:35 pm on 05/11/2010

honestly, i’d probably wait until it got on the internet or something to watch it. the main reason i watch the saga (in theaters) is to see Ashley as Alice, and to see someone else play her would be…weird and just not …right in my mind. Alice has been, and always will be, my favorite character/person, and Ashley just makes me love Alice all the more(:

sheila @ 3:39 pm on 05/11/2010

that would be very short sighted of summit not to give them a fair paycheck. this franchise has been the mother load for them. summit were a small time studio when this all started. it would be entirely unfair to the twilight fans if they cast any of the cullens with different actors. summit claims to care so much about the integrity of the story for the fans’ sakes. that should also apply to consistency of the characters and what the movies look like.

NICOLE @ 3:48 pm on 05/11/2010

Summit won’t hesitate to replace them if they push it far enough. They got rid of the actress who played Victoria for having an overlapping schedule. I don’t doubt that they would replace Alice and Emmett if that’s what it came down to.

Honestly, most people are going to see the movie either because they read the book or because they love Robert Pattinson / Taylor Lautner. Ashley Greene and Kellan Lutz would be missed, but I don’t think they would be missed enough to dramatically affect the movie’s reception.

I think, in this case, they’re being greedy. There’s nothing wrong with wanting stars to earn fair salaries. However, these two haven’t done much. Emmett was probably in the first two movies for about fifteen minutes in total. Alice got slightly more screen time, but she still didn’t do much acting in comparison to Kristen Stewart. I’m not undercutting their acting abilities or talent. I’m merely saying that they didn’t receive much acting time and shouldn’t necessarily be receiving payment based on the monetary worth of the franchise. Yes, they’re part of it.

But who has a bigger (movie-going) fan club: Emmett or Edward?

Twilight catapulted these two to superstar status for simply having their names associated with Cullen characters. I could see it being more reasonable for Stewart or Pattinson to ask for a raise–they’re actually doing the majority of the acting.

I’ll see it either way, whether they’re in it or not.

Frankly, as a matter of personal opinion, I’m not that big of a movie-Alice anyway and Emmett is barely in it. I’d probably miss them at bit as they are the faces of the characters, and it would take a bit of getting used to, but I wouldn’t sacrifice the rest of the cast/franchise for the sake of–what I am perceiving as–two young actors’ greed.

gabrielle @ 3:51 pm on 05/11/2010

If this is true, I hope Lucy Hale auditions again. She’s really the perfect Alice.

M @ 3:55 pm on 05/11/2010

No one knows what they got for the first film. Summit is a cheapstake, who knows they probably got 100,000 for the first film, no one knows.

Who cares anyways, it isn’t like they will be missed and the films will suck, with or without them.

Alyssa @ 4:01 pm on 05/11/2010

if summit replaces alice and emmet my friends and i will boycott summit forever!!!!
theyd be so stupid to do that!!!!!
if they do theyre jerkssss

yaay @ 4:02 pm on 05/11/2010

Does any1 actually know how much they are been paid?
They probably are been greedy i mean its a HUGE cast wiv a HUGE crew
The crew are wat make the movie wiv locations and set designs etc etc
They’re in a way been selfish cos they’re thinkin of themselves when theres sooo many more people involved
I love them both bu this is makin me them differently (abit anyway)

yeaaaaah @ 4:09 pm on 05/11/2010

One of the reasons I like the movie is because Ashley plays Alice… and I’m really not going to watch it if she’s not on it. I mean, I’m not even sure I’m going to watch Breaking Dawn on theaters, and less to movies, because I didn’t even like the book. I find it so boring and predictable… Anyway, the thing is, if they supply one of the Cullens I’m clearly not gonna see it. They did it with Rachelle, and that was a really bad move, ’cause Bryce Dallas Howard isn’t half the Victoria Rachelle was… they keep on ruining it.

Helen @ 4:27 pm on 05/11/2010

@Katie: i’m right there with you. so they think they’re the **** now, just because paps are taking their pictures?

i thought that two of the best actors cast were ashley and kellan, not because they’re such great actors, but because they looked the part. but i’m sincerely not caring if they let them go or not. the only ones who would be weird if were not in the movies are obviously kristen, robert and taylor.

@yeaaaaah: how on earth do you know that bryce is not great in the part? have youwatched the movie? do you know comething that the rest of the world doesnt?

me @ 5:03 pm on 05/11/2010

I don’t blame them for holding out for more money, but it would be ridiculous if they bowed out of the movie because of it, seeing then they would be getting nothing. They have both thus far seemed perfectly grateful for simply the opportunities Twilight has brought them, as well as [obviously] the money too, so how much do they need exactly? Doing Breaking Dawn would expand their repertoire and get them the already-stated 10 times as much they made on the first movie, and they both have said they enjoy making the movies. Actors need to stop focusing so much on the money– heck, that’s why Friends got cancelled, and 4 out of the 6 main cast members of that show have been basically MIA since.
Ashley and Kellan should grasp this opportunity while they have the chance. Not trying to bash them, just saying they need to consider what this could do to their careers. No studios are going to want to hire actors they think are divas, no matter how talented and [deserving of the extra money] they are.

me @ 5:04 pm on 05/11/2010

[and deserving of the extra money]*

kay @ 5:06 pm on 05/11/2010

@yeaaaaah: Eclipse hasn’t even come out yet, and that’s the only movie Bryce Dallas Howard has been in. So where exactly are you getting this “really bad movie” thing from?

Pages: [1] 2 3 »