Hailee Steinfeld: My Embarrassing Run-In with Lea Michele!

Hailee Steinfeld: My Embarrassing Run-In with Lea Michele!

Hailee Steinfeld is a star in her own right but that doesn’t mean she won’t get starstruck once in a while!

“When I was auditioning for True Grit, I was on the Paramount lot. I was wearing clothes from the 1800s that were big and uncomfortable,” the 14-year-old actress recalls to J-14.

When she saw Lea Michele there filming Glee, “I walked up to her and asked for her autograph, but she walked by and a guy came and said, ‘Sorry, now’s not a good time!’”

“So I had to walk all the way back to the car wearing what I was wearing. I was practically crying on the way home. I was so sad!” Hailee said.

FYI: Hailee‘s new film, True Grit, opened Wednesday (December 22). Check out a clip of her in the Western action-drama below!

Hailee Steinfeld in True Grit
Credit: Jemal Countess, Jason Merritt; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Hailee Steinfeld

Pages: [1] 2 »
unnie_Sophia @ 11:55 pm on 12/22/2010

now lea michele’s going to be the one asking for her autograph.

Fran @ 12:06 am on 12/23/2010

um maybe it wasn’t a good time, she was obviously at work, what an odd useless story.

lexie @ 12:11 am on 12/23/2010

i know lea was probably really busy, but she couldn’t stop for a couple of seconds and sign a quick autograph?

jessie @ 12:24 am on 12/23/2010

People need to stop making assumptions you have no idea what was going on. People have lives, work, they can’t stop for everyone and sadly they have to just go on their way. I don’t think people really realize how often they may get stopped.

guest @ 12:24 am on 12/23/2010

I love lea but I don’t like that. she always seems so sweet though. Maybe she was just having a bad day but she didn’t have to totally ignore the poor girl.

Kathy @ 12:29 am on 12/23/2010

@lexie: easy for you to say when your not the one in a rush or being asked to do it all the time. don’t judge you don’t have all the information.

ilove @ 12:52 am on 12/23/2010

That’s actually really rude

Tom @ 12:57 am on 12/23/2010

@ilove: Maybe she was in a hurry she was at work. Sadly they can’t please everyone all the time.

chelsea @ 1:01 am on 12/23/2010

rude of leah

Jay @ 1:17 am on 12/23/2010

Geez maybe she was on her way to work she can’t stop for everyone. You don’t know the whole story people.

Kaycee @ 1:28 am on 12/23/2010

Wow…that’s really pathetic that Lea didn’t even acknowledge her.

kayle @ 2:00 am on 12/23/2010

This is just this girls perspective, you have no idea what was going on besides the little information she gave. Maybe it was just like the guy said, it wasn’t a good time. I am sorry the girl didn’t get an autograph, but until you are in someone else shoes you should probably keep your assumptions to yourself.

Craig @ 2:05 am on 12/23/2010

I could never be a celebrity. I know I wouldn’t stop for everyone and people seem to just try to find negative stuff about people.

This girl better be careful she may find herself in the same boat someday unable to sign for everyone and people talking about her. She seemed more upset by what she was wearing than that Lea didn’t sing an autograph.

frew @ 2:08 am on 12/23/2010

Lea probably looked at her and said who is this strangely clothed extra?! Now, Hailee is a bonafide movie star. Something Lea will never be.

mcmillian @ 2:11 am on 12/23/2010

What are these excuses about her being in hurry? How much of a hurry can you be in that even a smile wastes your precious minutes? She didn’t have to sign. She could have smiled and said, I am late. Next time. Lea has never had manners. Her mom forgot that part while pushing her towards fame.

lexie @ 2:24 am on 12/23/2010

you guys are saying we don’t know the whole story, but neither do you.
She could’ve said it wasn’t a good time instead of walking pass the little girl and letting the guy apologize for her.
and @Kathy: sorry i don’t have ‘all the information’.

Kelly @ 3:50 am on 12/23/2010

@lexie: so that is why some people aren’t making assumptions. Maybe the guy said something before lea had a chance to, so she didn’t. I know I have heard people say this person didn’t give autographs and then see another person at the same event got an autograph. It happens all the time. I don’t know may be she did blow her off but it could have been inadvertently done or some other reason. We will never know for sure. Maybe she was thinking on her task. I have heard she is very focused on her work and it kind of in a zone. Maybe just wasn’t the right time for this kid and that is too bad to judge is a bit weak.

toughlittleprissy @ 4:45 am on 12/23/2010

She didn’t need to stop if she was in a hurry, but she could have at least acknowledge the girl, like smile at her? It wouldn’t need more than 1 second for a smile you know.

lulu @ 8:17 am on 12/23/2010

she looks a bit like nicole anderson x

Tom @ 8:26 am on 12/23/2010

She was at work on the studio lot, she does not always have to sign her name. It might be possible that she did not even hear here ask if she was walking by fast. Give her a break. Autograph’s are stupid anyway.

mS. c @ 9:39 am on 12/23/2010

Yes stars are busy. Wonder if she would have stopped to sign the autograph had Hailee been dressed to impress? I agree with how often they are stopped, but WHO have made them stars?

janiece @ 11:17 am on 12/23/2010

its understanable for her to be busy during work, but just walking past the girl and not even saying “sorry i cant right now” or at least acknowledging her with a quick apology would have been nice on lea’s part. it wouldve taken less than a few seconds

LUCY @ 11:51 am on 12/23/2010

I agree we don’t know the whole story so why is Hailee saying this now. This was what like a year ago? The guy that stopped her was probably security for the show and Hailee was most likely in a restricted area. When the cast is off site they do take time to sign autographs. Also you never know Lea was mostly in trouble again for crashing her car again.

Laurie @ 12:28 pm on 12/23/2010

Lea’s mind could have been a thousands other places. She was at work, the guy said something. It is too bad but hardly something Lea should be chastised for consider we don’t even know if she hear her or whatever.

Just wait @ 2:42 pm on 12/23/2010

Regardless of what you think, I think this 14-year-old is going to be in for a hard lesson. Wait until people start telling tales about HER to gossip sites. It’s not going to feel very nice for her to be put up for ridicule for what really amounts to nothing.

Pages: [1] 2 »