Selena Gomez: Glamour Women of the Year 2012

Selena Gomez: Glamour Women of the Year 2012

Selena Gomez is wonderful in white as she arrives at the 2012 Glamour Women of the Year event held at Carnegie Hall in New York City on Monday night (November 12).

The 20-year-old actress/singer dolled up in a lovely Giambattista Valli dress with Rupert Sanderson heels, a Judith Leiber clutch and Graziela jewelry.

“If I had let all of the negative stuff affect me, I don’t think I would be satisfied with the person I am now,” Selena shared with Glamour in the December issue.

She adds, “That’s what I tell my fans: If you’re miserable with evertyhing going on in school, that is so not going to matter the moment you leave. My mom always told me, ‘Just turn the other cheek and keep moving forward.’ That’s something I’ve always done, and now I look back and I have no regrets.”

10+ pics inside…

Gomez-glamour selena gomez glamour event nyc 10
Gomez-glamour selena gomez glamour event nyc 11
Gomez-glamour selena gomez glamour event nyc 12

Credit: Marion Curtis; Photos: Starpix
Posted to: Selena Gomez

andy @ 8:33 pm on 11/12/2012

She looks amazing! Proud of her. Beautiful women all together!

Tia @ 8:36 pm on 11/12/2012

Looking nice.

Jen @ 8:53 pm on 11/12/2012

Truly Beautiful.

JOhn @ 10:46 pm on 11/12/2012

the term “woman” is a complimentary word used to denote not just sex, but maturity, beauty, class, and wisdom. Those things are not found in a makeup kit, or a dress that doesn’t cover the woman as it should. “woman” radiates from within, revealed in the eyes, the face, the smile, body language. This kid is about 12 years old, and America should be ashamed of itself to elevating a child to the level of “woman” I hope she gets there one day, she is pretty, but to call her a woman is to insult real women who are found all around us. He parents should be ashamed of letting her become what the world demands, not what she could be.

liss @ 11:34 pm on 11/12/2012

i worthship her style!! this is a beautiful young lady who really knows fashion and is always well put together i love it!! @ John you have a point and i respect it but now our days the media goes for more young celebrities because those are the ones that generate more fans and what comes with fans money. she’s actually 20 years old so shes not a little girl so she is indee a young women how’s growing in a beautiful way at least shes not a train wreck like lindsay lohan or a paris hilton that at her age they already had more scandals then good things. so i think her parents most be really proud of her because for me she is a role model.

ricku @ 12:11 am on 11/13/2012

Calm down and shut up.

ricku @ 12:12 am on 11/13/2012

@@JOhn: Calm down and shut up.

kim @ 1:44 pm on 11/13/2012

SHE IS PERFECT I LOVE HER AND THAT JB SHOULD GO AWAY

emily @ 6:51 pm on 11/13/2012

Perhaps standing on her own, will encourage those to believe she is more of a woman:) Sometimes young ladies of this age are more mature than their male counterparts. Maturity comes with time and experience, it’s whether we learn from those to grow as people:)

Warren @ 1:10 am on 11/14/2012

@JOhn: 20 years old is a woman anywhere in the world. And Selena is a beautiful woman! Look it up in the dictionary. She is sexy and seems to be pretty damn smart too.

kanani @ 1:05 am on 11/15/2012

@JOhn: She is a WOMAN. Yes, she is young, but she is not a child. She is a 20 year old woman that is very successful, classy, elegant, and beautiful inside and out. I have much respect for her.

taketwo @ 12:01 am on 09/26/2013

John : Do your homework next time you want to make a comment about someone you know nothing about. She was born July 22,1992 now you do the math. She’s got a baby face. Apparently appearances can be deceiving especially with someone like Selena. But with all the publicity she gets you would think almost everybody would know how old she is.