Cameron Monaghan: Returning for 'Shameless' Season Four?

Cameron Monaghan: Returning for 'Shameless' Season Four?

Cameron Monaghan stops by his agent’s office on Wednesday afternoon (April 17) in Beverly Hills, Calif.

The 19-year-old Shameless actor was seen putting on his sunglasses and jacket as he made his way into the building.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Cameron Monaghan

“Thank you all for the kind words about tonight’s episode. As of this time, I cannot confirm my involvement in the fourth season,” he recently tweeted. “Allow me to rephrase: ‘Confirm or deny’”

In the season three finale, Cameron‘s character Ian – spoiler alert – lied to his family and enlisted in the army after major drama with his boyfriend.

TELL JJJ: Do you want to see Cameron back next season?

Cameron-bh cameron monaghan returning for shameless season four 01
Cameron-bh cameron monaghan returning for shameless season four 02
Cameron-bh cameron monaghan returning for shameless season four 03
Cameron-bh cameron monaghan returning for shameless season four 04

Photos: SplashNewsOnline
Posted to: Cameron Monaghan

stephen @ 2:40 pm on 04/19/2013

My dream is for him to return to Shameless next season, he is just a truly amazing actor; in fact the whole cast is brilliant. Jan 2014 needs to come faster.

He’s a HUGE staple of Shameless, he needs to return. Especially because the Ian/Mickey Dynamic is amazing.

Skye Drake @ 12:44 am on 04/24/2013

Shameless wouldn’t be the same with one less Gallagher. Ian is one of my favorite characters of all time.

Mike @ 2:43 am on 04/24/2013

Ian needs to return. Cameron is a great actor, Ian is a great character with so much more potential. He needs to be back!!!

George @ 10:45 am on 04/24/2013

Shameless will lose a ton of viewers if Cameron doesn’t return. The Ian/Mickey storyline has so much left to be told.

Kortnee @ 4:38 pm on 04/24/2013

I think Ian’s character is essential for the show. His story line is always touches on things that teens in that kind of community struggle with and he’s just one of the Gallaghers! I’d be devastated if any of the Gallaghers were written off, especially Ian.

andrea @ 11:47 pm on 04/24/2013

Lol well based on Cameron’s tweet I’m guessing it’s safe to assume he’ll be back next season as Ian; which I will be very happy about! I can’t wait to see what’s in store next for the family, so I’ll definitely make it a point to catch each new episode live. Usually I don’t watch my shows live because I’m at DISH working when they air, but for this show I’m willing to watch live on my phone. I have downloaded the DISH Anywhere app recently and can watch all of my shows from home everywhere I go now, so luckily watching the new season next year live right in my office will be easy; I can’t wait!

Anguhluh @ 6:58 pm on 05/09/2013

I am a super fangirl who has made it my job to snoop around and find out the cast to my favorite book series that is getting made into a movie before they announce the cast. I am 99% sure that this is about that movie. I am also 99% sure soon they will announce his involvement. I will not say what book-to-movie adaption because I don’t want to start rumors or get anyone in trouble. I will say that he will play a badass fighter who is learning to protect… like a guardian of sorts. (; (; (;

bella @ 4:39 am on 10/16/2013

I think that Ian needs to return but in not n the first episode