Vanessa Hudgens: 'The Frozen Ground' Out Now!

Vanessa Hudgens: 'The Frozen Ground' Out Now!

Vanessa Hudgens keeps her head down as she heads back to her car after a workout in Los Angeles on Friday afternoon (August 23).

The 24-year-old actress’ new film, The Frozen Ground, is out on iTunes and On Demand NOW!

Based on the incredible true story that follows Alaskan State Trooper Jack Halcombe (Nicolas Cage) as he sets out to end the murderous rampage of Robert Hansen (John Cusack), a serial killer who has gone unnoticed for 13 years.

As the bodies of street girls start to pile up in Anchorage, fear strikes a chord with the public. Risking his life, Halcombe goes on a personal manhunt to find the killer before the next body surfaces. When a seventeen year old escapee (Hudgens) reveals key information about the case, Halcombe is finally on the trail of the killer.

FYI: Vanessa is wearing Soffe workout capris.

Vanessa-frozen vanessa hudgens frozen ground out now 01
Vanessa-frozen vanessa hudgens frozen ground out now 02
Vanessa-frozen vanessa hudgens frozen ground out now 03
Vanessa-frozen vanessa hudgens frozen ground out now 04
Vanessa-frozen vanessa hudgens frozen ground out now 05

Photos: AKM-GSI
Posted to: Vanessa Hudgens

zdaniels @ 1:09 am on 08/24/2013

good movie…Nicholas was good, Cusack was creepy, and Vanessa was decent..

George @ 1:45 am on 08/24/2013

@zdaniels: My Lady was AMAZING!!!!!

Sarah @ 1:46 am on 08/24/2013

Really Intense film I thought Vanessa was great!!!!

Sarah @ 1:47 am on 08/24/2013

I can’t believe this guy got away with so much.

Living on the edge. @ 2:02 am on 08/24/2013

She is wearing Austin’s hat. She looks so pretty always. Love her.

Howie @ 2:03 am on 08/24/2013

Great job all . Vanessa surprised me .

Wow @ 2:08 am on 08/24/2013

Just saw Fronzen Ground Vanessa you killed it.

Dan @ 2:09 am on 08/24/2013

@George: Yes!

claudia @ 4:39 am on 08/24/2013

she wasnt decent she was amazing. i watched it last night and she should no longer be tied to her disney image because that was far from it. she shed it in one of the best ways i have seen despite past issues and has come back extra confident. i remember when i watched beastly and i just didnt like that movie but if you compare it to frozen ground its a big improvement.

claudia @ 4:41 am on 08/24/2013

shes taken her cartier bracelet off. wow its been years. i wonder why because she said she just doesnt bother take it off anymore.

tina @ 2:53 pm on 08/24/2013

@claudia: It’s probably because she is filming her new movie.

kelly martineau @ 6:57 pm on 08/24/2013

She looks like that show Adams family. THink it was cousin it with his’s hair coving his’s face. Well that V. Hopefully she’ll get into a car accient if she doesn’t pull that mold full of her away from her face.

IMO @ 7:04 pm on 08/24/2013

I just saw the Frozen Ground I can’t tell you how proud I am . Vanessa was amazing and she brought a vulnerability and strength to a character that could have been played as a unsympathetic victim by another actress. I loved her interaction with Nicolas Cage it was very real yet touching . John C was chilling , that story was griping and thank goodness for the perserverance and heroism of those men who brought that monster to justice.

yets @ 7:38 pm on 08/24/2013

so excited to see this movie.

OK @ 9:02 pm on 08/24/2013

Can’t wait to see this with my friends. Either tonight or tomorrow we have to go to Burbank . On Demand has it but I want to see it on a big screen.
Her reviews are very good.
@Claudia actually I liked “Beastly” I wasn’t expecting a whole lot out of it. It was better than I thought.
@IMO thank you for the info. on the movie and your prospective.

IMO @ 10:53 pm on 08/24/2013

@kelly martineau: What a EVIL thing for you to say , to wish that on anyone. I am flagging you since this is not the first time you have wished harm to Vanessa and her BF , Family. If you don’t care for Vanesss do yourself a favor and leave her alone and stay off her posts. Karma is a B****
and you are setting yourself up for it to bite you since your hate and threats are beyond a simple not liking her . Your need professional help.

IMO @ 10:59 pm on 08/24/2013

@OK: I envy you that it’s in a theatre near by you. I had no choice but to rent it on I tunes but I did get to see it a couple of times. I liked Beastly too where is fell short was not in the acting but the script/story itself. She was fine as the sweet , kind ,ingenue. there wasn’t much depth but she did her job. The one I really like her in was Bandslam. Like other young actors she is growing with every part she does.

OK @ 8:09 am on 08/25/2013

@IMO I agree with you there is no need for hate here or on any post . If you don’t like someone stay away. Karma is a b… and will get you every time.
It isn’t that far for me to go. “Bandslam” was good but I can’t wait to see “Gimme Shelter”. I have heard she is fantastic in it.

IMO @ 2:38 pm on 08/25/2013

@OK: I can’t wait to see gimme Shelter as well. I know you didn’t care (I get that) for “Springbreakers” which was a very distrubing film . But as far as the acting performance the intent was to play a sexual, druggie party girl who went over the edge into a vacation crime spree including murder to return to what? that is the question isn’t it. Well she nailed it and very convincingly . Unfortunately the way things are today it was a look into a world most “normal” people will never understand but it does exist and the seduction of these young people who take the easy way out is glamourized to look inviting to “lost youth” . That film should scare you into paying more attention to your children.