'Ravenswood' Cast Reacts To Show Cancellation

'Ravenswood' Cast Reacts To Show Cancellation

It came as quite a shock that Ravenswood was cancelled over the weekend — especially to the cast.

Stars Tyler Blackburn, Nicole Anderson, Brett Dier, Merritt Patterson, Britne Oldford and creator I. Marlene King all tweeted their thoughts after the announcement had been made.

“Adieu, Ravenswood. Endless gratitude to all of you who supported us along the way. It was a fun ride! Now onto the next,” Nicole, who played Miranda, shared.

Tyler added, “Thanks for all of your supportive tweets! Onward and upwards. You never know when you’ll see me on screen again.”

Merritt, who starred as Olivia, wrote, “RIP #Ravenswood An amazing experience shared with wonderful ppl!Grateful 4 the opportunity! Thx 4 all the support!”

“Yes. The news is true about @RavenswoodABCF, i had such an amazing time and experience. Thank you all. I love you,” Brett, who played Luke, tweeted. He added later, “Feel so grateful to have such amazing adoring fans. Your support is incredible. I love you all! #sparesomechange? #unemployed.”

HOW DO YOU FEEL about Ravenswood being cancelled?

Photos: ABC Family
Posted to: Nicole Anderson, Ravenswood, Tyler Blackburn

Pages: [1] 2 »
Stew @ 3:39 pm on 02/18/2014

It SUCKS that it got cancelled! REALLY SUCKS

stacy @ 4:18 pm on 02/18/2014

think the haleb fans are a bunch of whining cry baby’s. Their only concern was haleb and not wanting Miranda to get in the way. They never gave the show a chance and I find it rude disappointing how their rubbing it our face how it was cancelled. Alot of us #Raveswooders actually liked this show and were really upset it was cancelled we don’t need haleb fans being rude idiots to us. I want to say this though, #Ravenswood has alot of fans and we are determined to get our show back on the air. It deserves an actual change to prove it can be really successful. Check out my petition at change.org. Bring back Ravenswood. Or check out my page save Ravenswood the link is on there as well as the Ravenswood main page. #Ravenswoodersunite

Kat @ 5:28 pm on 02/18/2014

I didn’t even watch the show, but canceling it out of nowhere seems kind of harsh and random.

Jessica Saint-felic @ 6:58 pm on 02/18/2014

Ooh no I love the show. Please put it back on tv

bradley @ 7:39 pm on 02/18/2014

I REALLY WANTED TO LIKE RAVENSWOOD. I watched every episode.. but it just wasn’t good. It wasn’t exciting, and after about 10 episodes, I still didn’t care about “the curse” or the characters. I really tried. Sort of sad that it’s going away, but I’m not surprised.

justmichelle @ 12:04 am on 02/19/2014

WHY!?!?!?! I loved this show. #bringbackravenswood you have to atleast finish the story line! Leaving us ravenswood fans wanting more.

Gean @ 5:32 am on 02/19/2014

It really sucks but as long as Caleb and maybe Miranda go back to Pretty Little Liars I’m happy. Still it sucks, I always thought Caleb’s character deserved more screentime and even his own show :(

kyle @ 6:53 am on 02/19/2014

seriously? This show was so much more entertaining to watch than PLL is these days…

Ashley P. @ 10:46 am on 02/19/2014

It just got good! And left us with so many questions! :(

Kathleen T. @ 1:43 pm on 02/19/2014

Omg! It feels like the lying games all over again! Why would ABC do this??!! I loved Ravenswood!

Kaya @ 4:08 pm on 02/19/2014

@stacy: No need to be so harsh, Stacey. There were actually lots of Haleb fans who were also a Ravenswood fans. Haleb gave Caleb a lot of fans which generated most of Ravenswood’s viewing figures. Next time, think about what you’re saying before you go slacking people off. Oh, and learn to spell.

Kelly @ 4:21 pm on 02/19/2014

@stacy:

It would be cool if your petition ended up making ABC Family reconsider their decision to cancel Ravenswood but somehow I don’t see that happening unfortunately. ABC Family has a habit of cancelling good shows & not listening to their loyal viewers, The Lying Game and now Ravenswood are perfect examples of this. Also the worst is when the show gets cancelled after ending on a cliffhanger, I HATE when that happens :s

Kelly @ 4:23 pm on 02/19/2014

@Kathleen T.:

I know, I HATED when The Lying Game got cancelled, I was so disappointed when I heard the news cause it was such a good show, we never even got a proper send-off for it either with the season finale ending on a cliffhanger :s I really think ABC Family needs to start listening to their viewers alot more otherwise they’re gonna start losing them!!!!

stacy @ 4:29 pm on 02/19/2014

@Kaya I’m being harsh have you seen what the Majority of the haleb fans post about Ravenswood its worse and cruder then what I said. I mean wow I stick up for my show I get slapped oh please. As for your pointing out my spelling, did it ever cross your mind that my phone changed the words. I could call u a name that rhymes with witch but I’m too classy for that. As for the haleb fans being the only reason for Ravenswood ratings I doubt they were the only reason in fact if their wasn’t ever haleb maybe the show would still be on the air. Either way I will continue to fight for my show and speak my mind. Because I honestly think if it wasn’t for the majority of haleb fans whining about Ravenswood it would still be on the air. As for the haleb fans that love Ravenswood and didn’t want to see it go and didn’t whine. I commended you for giving it a chance thank u.

stacy @ 4:43 pm on 02/19/2014

@Kelly I agree that it would be cool if my petition did make it to abcfamily. And trust me that’s what I am hoping for. I have tins of ideas to help save Ravenswood and I hope they successfully work. I wont be angry if I don’t succeed because I would have known i tried and stood for what i believed in.

twisss @ 4:58 pm on 02/19/2014

You must have mentality equivalent to a grandma’s libido if you thought this show was anywhere NEAR entertaining. It made no sense. Boring “who” type cast members. It was just so freaking boring. Good call for them to put it out of it’s misery. You want to know genes of good show. Watch “The fall” “The Walking Dead” – quit watching baby shows on ABC fam.

Lizzie @ 1:40 am on 02/20/2014

How about we leave all the original storylines (like where did this whole magical curse thing and horror movie references come from?) to Ravenswood and keep it on TV and leave the ACTUAL pretty little liar storylines from the books on the tv show? I mean, I’ve been a fan of the books for at least 6 years and those stories (which are pretty juicy and good themselves) haven’t even been played out yet and PLL’s been on the air for so long… I love Caleb (and Tyler of course) and the added elements are good but they just don’t belong with PLL. PLL isn’t about just murder and the girls being constantly scared 24/7 and the same things happening over and over again, and I feel like the writers have forgotten that. I love the PLL cast and think they’re perfect for the roles and have since the day I heard they were cast and was so excited to see one of my favorite stories come to life. It’s just too bad I still haven’t gotten to see that actually happen… I even love the crew and think they’re mostly geniuses but just would like it if they’d respect the books some more. It’s fine mixing new things in there but it’s come to a whole different level now. It’s basically a whole other story. The girls just have the same names and the title’s the same, that’s it. And that’s a shame so I believe that they should stop focusing on the commercial success of the series and start focusing on the story again (and explore more with the characters instead of the same thing happening over and over, including them being matched up with the wrong chemistry, and mix in things that actually happen in the books for God’s sake). I still support the show because I believe those stories deserve to be brought to life and all the praise and excitement they’ve received (which I was kind of surprised at first but still thrilled), hell I even have been on the set before and was excited beyond belief! But I just would like to see them just try at least some of the stuff in the books because they’re brilliant ideas just as well. How do you think they generated enough buzz to get a tv show in the first place?! So I think they should just sort it out on whether they want to create a new show (which is what PLL currently looks like including all that Ravenswood stuff) or actually stick with the original story and have it progress instead of just prolonged. That way the new show can be Ravenswood and put back on the air but spiced up or whatever and they can focus on bringing PLL back into control. I can’t even really get throuhg a whole episode without getting bored anyways… But hey, that’s just my opinion. They had a smart business plan at first (commercial, turns into many seasons, then a movie) but I think when you get too caught up into all of that you forget why it started in the first place: because of the story and it just lost control and was/in just going on in no direction in particular. I’m a storyteller and filmmaker and just believe that’s not the right way at all and am really passionate about that. They’re seeming to be more businesspeople than actual storytellers.

Julia @ 11:29 am on 02/20/2014

i love them :( isn’t right!
Now I just hope for my haleb

gaby @ 6:15 pm on 02/21/2014

No!!! They should cancel the show it was really good. Maybe show it on a diff channel so it wont be as spooky 4 the lil ones but I love the show it was great. They should have the dvd out already ugh im so mad

a @ 10:20 am on 02/22/2014

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PETITION IT GUYS LET THEM HEAR US! AND BRING THE SHOW BACK! HERE’S THE SITE http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/save-abc-familys-ravenswood.html

Pages: [1] 2 »