Check out the cool new poster for Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life, which is out on October 7th!
Based on the books by James Patterson, the flick centers on the trials and triumphs of Rafe Khatchadorian (Griffin Gluck), as he uses his wits to battle bullies, hormones and the tyrannical, test-obsessed Principal Dwight.
JJJ recently chatted with star Alexa Nisenson, who plays Rafe’s younger, sassier sister Georgia, and got to know a ton of things about her.
“People have a hard time saying my last name Nisenson. Its pronounced like ‘nice in son’ but we get 100 different versions of it,” she revealed to us. “When I first got into acting a couple of years ago, everyone tried to convince us to change my last name to a stage name to something easier.”
Alexa added, ” I remember sitting down with my parents and we were trying to come up with a good last name and nothing felt right or sounded right. The next day I found out I had booked my first job on an NBC TV show and I decided at that moment, I would be Alexa Nisenson always and never looked back! People still have a hard time saying it but that’s ok, I don’t mind!”
Watch the new Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life trailer below!
“Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life” Official Trailer #2
Click inside to read the rest of Alexa’s 10 Fun Facts…
– I am an only child and I actually love it! A lot of people ask me when they find out if I ever wished for siblings and I think they are surprised to hear that I actually love being an only child! Besides – I have friends who are like siblings to me. If you ever see me and Griffin Gluck out somewhere together or even on set – you would swear we were real brother and sister.
– I am terrified of elevators. I have never had a bad experience in one but I am petrified of them! The sounds they make – the way it feels riding in them – especially if they are crowded! I usually will take the stairs if I can or an escalator. I once made my mom climb 13 fights of stairs to get to a hotel room because I wanted to avoid the elevator!
– Funny enough – I just told you I hate elevators but I am absolutely obsessed with roller coasters. The scarier the better! I love upside down coasters, even water slides – I love thrill rides. I am so excited because I am finally tall enough to ride every ride at parks so now its my mission to try as many roller coasters as I can!
– I can not pass a candy store without going into one. I try to eat healthy a lot of the time but if I pass a candy store – I have to go into it and get some! I love anything “gummy” and sour. Even if I go in and get a tiny bit – it’s impossible for me to be near candy and not get at least a little bit.
– I have a vision board. I made my first one last year and I am always posting on it. I will cut out words or pictures or write something and pin it on! I use it as a guide for myself to remind me where I have been and where I want to go, and it helps me focus on positive things. I use it for acting-relating things but mostly just life. The most recent thing I put on my vision board was a quote that I love, I went and saw Newsies the Musical at Pantages and this quote is in the show and it reminded me how much I love it. “Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground.”
– I want to direct movies one day! Whenever I am on set and working on a project – I love in my down time / when i’m not filming one of my own scenes, to sit in video village by my director and listen and watch. It’s fascinating! On the Middle School set, my directors and producers were some of the nicest and loving people you could work for – they would let me sit by them with headsets on and watch. I don’t think people realize how much goes into making one minute of movie time.
– One time at dance class in LA, I was running late to get to hip hop – I was rushing and totally thought I was about to run through the door and instead went face first into the glass and flew a few feet backwards! This was the day before a big Middle School photo shoot – by some miracle, I woke up without much of a mark – just a tiny bit swollen but they masked it with make up. At dance, they call me “glass wall girl” because nobody knows my name just that I ran into a glass wall!
– I have lived in three states in ten years! I was born in Florida, I moved to Georgia and lived there for three years and now I live in California. In the ten years and three states – I have lived in seven different houses!
– I literally have every type of music on my phone. I listen to and love rap, which people always are surprised to hear. But I also have broadway, pop, country, and rock. There isn’t a style of music that I don’t love! You will pretty much see me always with my phone and beats listening to music. I can rap and I am actually trying to work on it and get better at it but I can also do broadway sing alongs. Music may be in my future, someday!