Emma Watson to Design with Alberta Ferretti

Emma Watson to Design with Alberta Ferretti

Emma Watson might be knee deep in college work, but she’s made some time to design a new clothing line with Alberta Ferretti.

US Weekly reports that the 20-year-old student and actress will be working on an organic clothing due out just after Christmas.

Emma shared with the mag at the Deathly Hallows premiere, “I can’t reveal the name yet but there will be more information about it soon. She [Ferretti] wrote to me and said, ‘I saw what you did with People Tree and I think it’s a great idea and will you do something with me?’”

She added, “I will put it out there that I will work for anyone for free if they are prepared to make their clothing fair trade organic.”

WHAT DO YOU THINK about Emma teaming up with Alberta Ferretti?

Credit: Gareth Cattermole; Photos: Getty
Posted to: Emma Watson

Annie @ 8:59 am on 11/13/2010

She’s designing with Alberta Ferretti! I can’t believe this. She’s still in college!

Celia @ 12:17 pm on 11/13/2010

I think it’s SO awesome that she designed a clothing line with a major fashion label like Alberta Ferretti. It’s a HUGE step in the right direction, because usually when the major designers start to make a change…all the others follow.

Go Emma!! I really admire her passion for this serious issue. I wasn’t even aware of it until she became involved, which is weird, because like Emma (and a few others) have said…everyone should know where their food, clothing, and other consumables are coming from.

jenny @ 12:29 pm on 11/13/2010

I’m sooooo happy for her! She deserves everything! She’s a great, down-to-earth girl, I adore her!!

headstrong @ 12:46 pm on 11/13/2010

YAY!

alibobally @ 2:54 pm on 11/13/2010

She’s so awesome. She never fails to impress me with her class, smarts, wit, beauty, and charm.

Jo Clo @ 3:43 pm on 11/13/2010

I don’t think she’s going to design, just promote. I mean, it’s Alberta Ferreti! In her People Tree collection Emma didn’t show any kid of criativity (unless she wanted to hide her abbilities), and that kind of work requires that and a lot of knowledge. Maybe she’ll just help them by giving opinions, Not much more than that.

AMELIE @ 5:06 pm on 11/13/2010

awesomeee

Chloe @ 11:29 pm on 11/13/2010

Jo Clo, it’s sad that you feel like she didn’t “show any kind of creativity” in her People Tree line. The clothing is beautifully put together and classic. Not to mention all the awareness she raised when she visited Bangladesh to see the difference fair trade makes for the families involved in making the garments. Creative input and giving her opinion is a huge part of designing. You sound like Kanye West picking on Taylor Swift the way you are talking about Emma Watson. Maybe you should try to make a difference in the world the way she is instead of talking bad about her.

nina @ 12:13 pm on 11/14/2010

@Jo Clo: @Jo Clo: I understand that you didn’t like her people tree line, but Emma said that Alberta Ferretti loved it&she contactes her after she saw her work for people tree;