“I am feeling nervous, but I’m very excited and I can’t wait to just get it done and live in the moment,” Jackie told USA Today. “I’ve been practicing every other day, even standing outside and practicing because it’s going to be freezing that day.”
Learn more about Jackie with these 5 quick facts:
1. Jackie took second place in the fifth season of America’s Got Talent at just 10 years old.
2. She’s originally from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
3. She’s put out an EP and six albums so far.
4. She has performed on The Oprah Winfrey Show, The Today Show, and The View, in addition to NBC’s Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree Lighting special and Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade.
5. Jackie has worked extensively with famed composer David Foster, who produced some of her albums. She sang in the “David Foster & Friends” concert in 2009.
Jackie Evancho is hoping that her performance of the National Anthem at the presidential inauguration for Donald Trump will help unify the country.
“I hope to just kind of make everyone forget about rivals and politics for a second and just think about America and the pretty song that I’m singing,” the 16-year-old singer said in an interview with CBS Sunday Morning. “I’m hoping that I can bring people together.”
The interview will be broadcast on January 15 at 9am and also features Jackie‘s transgender sister Juliet, who approves of the performance.
Click inside to read what Juliet said in the interview…More Here! »
The Italian group and Jackie appeared on Today this morning (December 14) in New York City and serenaded the audience with their duet — and it was so stunning!
“This was always our goal,” Gianluca says during a little interview before their performance together. “It was always to carry on the tradition [of classical music], to bring our music and our country all around the world.”
Watch the full video of their performance inside the cut! More Here! »